I pissed on my laptop and the ram exploded

braski

Veteran XV
Came home last night after drinking way too much. I don't remember how I got home. Anyway, I pissed myself at some point during the night and managed to hit the laptop at the base of my bed as well. I woke to the sound of sparks and then detached the power cord to the laptop. The computer was turned off at the time so I assume that the hard drive should be ok.

When I finally recovered around 5 PM today I opened up the HDD and the ram and found white plastic splattered all over the ram case. The hard drive looks fine and does not smell at all.

I really need the data on the hard drive. I think that more than just the ram is dead since the whole thing smells. I can't get to the rest of the computer, besides the ram and HDD, because the DVD drive is bolted down and keeping the whole base attached.

I want to just get the data off the disk and get a new laptop.

Is this the answer to my problem (besides adult diapers)?

Cables to Go USB to IDE and Laptop Drive: Compare Prices, View Price History and Read Reviews at NexTag

The HDD is a Hitachi Travelstar 80GB

My wife has a laptop as well so the easiest thing for me to do is put the data onto her computer.

This looked ok too if I can borrow a PC somehow.
Amazon.com: Laptop Hard Drive Adapter Idc44f/idc40m: Electronics

Back