I got in a car accident and the officer issues no tickets?

Crash_Site

Veteran X
So what is up with this... what should I do.

I was driving today, making a right hand turn into a Comcast parking lot to exchange some cable boxes. As I enter the driveway for the Comcast parking lot I feel a shock and hear a loud noise. Someone ran into me.

The front left of his car is damaged. The backside passenger door and frontside passenger doors of my car are damaged. No airbags deploy.

I get out, everyone is okay including the chick that is with me. I call the cops. Cop comes, since no one is hurt and no airbags deployed he tells us to pull off the road and farther into the parking lot. We do and another cop comes. The new cop takes over and the other cop that told us to move, leaves.

New cop said it is the other guy's fault (He's 71 years old and his name is Ivan) and says hes going to get the ticket. The cop writes the report and gives me my license and tells me the court date for the dude and says if my car doesn't get repaired I should definitely show up, otherwise it is up to me if I am taken care of. The Ivan guy who hit me is complaining that I took a right handed turn from the left turn lane and cut across the center lane.

I leave and go back to work, girl I was with, who works with me, said that was 150% his fault. I have an accident report number and the guys info and everything and the cop told me it was his fault and gave me the time and date of the other guys court appearance. I arrive in my office and check my voice mail. The cop called me and said he has decided he could not decide who was at fault and his supervisor informed him not to issue any tickets. I call him back four times, leave a message once asking what he was smoking, and get no call backs yet today.

So now I figure I will be paying my insurance company deductable to have my own car fixed when I was not at fault. The chick who was in my car with me agrees. I even had my turn signal on to turn right and everything. What the hell can I do so I don't have to pay and the other guy does?

CLIFFS:
-Car Accident
-Cop says I am not at fault, tells me other guy will get ticket, gives me accident report and tells me I can leave.
-I get a voicemail when I get back to work cop saying he decided to issue no tickets for the accident cause he couldn't determine who is at fault.
-What do I do now so I don't have to pay?

gather as much evidence as possible and call your insurance company

this means witnesses, pictures.

you did take pictures right? of the scene?

They don't give out tickets on private property unless they have a deal with the property owners

there doesn't have to be a ticket issued to show fault, at least in FL

however, since he said he can't determine who is at fault, you may have a problem. my advice would be to pick up a copy of your accident report and see how it reads.

By the way. I had to then drop the girl I was with off at the impound lot cause she slept over at my place last night and we didn't know we had to move her car to a certain part of the parking lot so snow plows could plow at 5 AM, and got her car towed.

So after all morning trying to find out where they towed her car and fighting with my condo association asking why the hell they towed someone's car with no warning, then ultimately paying to get it out cause it was my fault for not telling her ($150 and I will be paying $150 less to association fees this month so help me god) I get in a car accident and get fucked.

Who wants to top my day?

You do have a cell phone right? So you did take pictures of the wreck right?

If you didn't, enjoy paying the deductible. If you have no proof it's the cop's word against yours and you won't win that fight. I've been there, done that. :(

Look at the police report, even though there were no tickets, the report could very well still make it clearly look like he was at fault, and the insurance comapnies should find him liable if so.

I don't get it, the report that he gave you informed you that the other driver was at fault. You can't exactly take back that decision afaik. You have hard evidence that the officer thought the other driver was at fault.

Back