http://search.conduit.com

1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.

2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for Conduit Community Toolbar and any suspicious add-ons and remove them if located. How to remove Search.Conduit.com from your home page (Stop start up)

In Mozilla Firefox navigate to Tools > Options or click Firefox in the top left corner and click Options > Options. Under the General tab remove Search.conduit.com from the “Home Page:” field and replace it with your preferred home page URL.

How to remove the Search.Conduit.com search engine (Stop redirect)

In Mozilla Firefox, click the small search magnify glass near the search box (not url/search field) and click “Manage Search Engines…”. Remove the Search search engine from the list of search providers by highlighting the selections and clicking remove.

How the fuck does one even get that? Not paying attention to bundled crap when you install something?

yes, i fucking hate how i have to meticulously read through all the fine print bullshit and pick the right trick button to push to install shit nowadays.

i got this recently from installing Daemon Tools lite - and it wasn't a case of failing to notice/opt out of something during the install, it was full on stealth

have installed DT for years on various computers with no problems, but it's definitely become fucked these days

the thing Plasmatic posted did not work for me, i tried a bunch of different solutions that were posted online to no avail, the one thing that worked for me was just searching for everything 'conduit' in my registry and deleting it

best of luck gonnington

I just removed this from someone's PC last week. MalwareBytes took care of it (just boot in Safe Mode to be sure).

Another tip - When you're in your Extensions tab in Chrome - Click the "Developer Mode" check box. This will show the folder on your computer where this shit is automatically applying this bullshit script from.

Delete that.

Back