Holy Fuck, Dead Space is incredible.

Apeman

Veteran X
Graphics are beautiful, Sound is AMAZING, and the scares just keep coming. I haven't been bored, annoyed, pissed off, or let down by anything in this game yet. This is really worth noting because I've been let down by almost every game to come out lately.

What does everyone think?

Forgive me if this is OFN, I searched.

Are you playing on PC? I cant stand the way it moves. It feels so off, like its sluggish or delayed. Its a bitch to shoot those guns.

yeah great game, takes a little bit to get used to it on PC, but after that it's fine with vsync off that is.

One thing that shits me is when I have full inventory I have to drop something pick up ammo, reload, pick up something else just to put some ammo in my weapon. Then you have rooms with 3 or 4 items floating on the floor :/

When you're in vacuum the sounds are really awesome.

Controls are a bit awkward but great game nonetheless. Upping mouse sensitivity helps.

Are you playing on PC? I cant stand the way it moves. It feels so off, like its sluggish or delayed. Its a bitch to shoot those guns.

Make sure V-Sync is off. I don't understand why developers still include an option for V-Sync, as my experience has shown that it always produces mouse lag.

At any rate, I don't have a problem with the PC controls. They are different from most FPS/TPS games, but I think that's because you're essentially controlling the character's head rather than his body. Turn the head far enough, and the body follows.

It took a few minutes of play to get used to it, but it works pretty well.

playing on the 360, only up to the start of chapter 2 so far as i've only been allowed to play when my gf is in bed as it looks too scary.

after 2 nights i decided that playing on my own with lights off is too fucking tense, and i've become so uncharacteristcally swamped with single player games - saints row 2, dead space, fable 2 and fallout 3 - that i'm not actually getting very far with any of them, as every time i get going my brother + friends want me to play CoD/PGR 4 with them

but i'm definitely looking forward to getting back to Dead Space when things quieten down! (although preferably in a lit room, with company)

not sure how i'm gonna get through any of these SP games with Gears 2 out next week though o_O

I'm playing it on the ps3.

Got it for free from EA's No Known Survivors thing.

Downloaded the special Obsidian Suit from the playstation store, gave me a full inventory and 10% armor, plus it looks completely badass.

yeah, the camera movement is a bit slow, but it really adds to the suspense and fright factor.

they did a REALLY good job of using sound to direct you. I noticed at a point when the ship was getting hit with asteroids, I went into the middle of the ship and you could hear the faintest muffled impact...awesome.

It's a really good game for the majority of it, but once you get your suit and weapons upgraded the scare factor decreases dramatically. And this is with playing in the dark at night. Also the bosses are all disappointingly easy on even the highest difficulty.

But good game anyway.

I've heard good things about the lack of menus in the game. Everything is displayed in front of your character or something.

Back