Hey Anubis

*hi, captain Archaeology here*

No, it's 2 different fields. While archaeologists study shit past civilizations and cultures left behind, anthropologists study human and animal anatomy. During excavations you see a team of archaeologists and if they find human remains, they call some anthropologist to go and dig those human remains. It happened with my project this last summer.
By the way, it can happen the other way around, if anthropologists are digging up dinosaurs, they can call archaeologists to make the field registration. We don't do dinosaurs either ;)

*flies away*

SO...

DO U HAVE A FUCKING JOB YET OR WHAT

Yeah, i know that which is why i asked and yes, i know its 2 different fields.

I just checked Wiki and this is what they had to say:
I thought so... I thought over here if you wanted to become an anthropologist, you also studied archaeology for a bit, which is why i asked the question. Over here i think its views as a branch of anthropology.

actually looking at bones

and reading about them

are two seperate 10 year programs each in Noobs country

that is why this is so triggering to him

Yeah, i know that which is why i asked and yes, i know its 2 different fields.

I just checked Wiki and this is what they had to say:
I thought so... I thought over here if you wanted to become an anthropologist, you also studied archaeology for a bit, which is why i asked the question. Over here i think its views as a branch of anthropology.

Ah yes. That's an interesting thing, you see. America has its own version of Processualist Archaeology (this one being European), called New Archaeology. And this "New Archaeology" includes social anthropology as well as physical anthropology. I.e., by studying the natives cultures and their sociology (for example, American Indians, or South American tribes) those archaeologists theorize about prehistoric societies. I like some ideas of, for example, Lewis Binford, one of the American archaeologists who created the first notions of New Archaeology.. But it's a bit outdated these days, and so it isn't used that often in Europe. There's a most recent theory originated in the UK and Portugal in the 90s and its spreading to USA too, which is cool, because it's more coherent.. Scientifically speaking.

Last edited:
Back