Hey Anubis

DS-dig1XUAESYJN.jpg

this made me think of you today

Amazing. I guess Reason.com doesn't know archaeologists don't do bones? That's anthropologists job... So, nice news source bro.

it isn't good to generalize about what entire fields of study can and can't do anubis

that is day two of triggering and racisms

don't limit yourself

the world is wide open

just like u pumping gas for a living........not just knowing where it came from after 10 years of college education

also: please enjoy national review if you so like

University College London: Archaeology Professor Allows "Triggered" Students to Leave Class | National Review

A lecturer at the University College London is telling his “archaeologies of modern conflict” students that they can feel free to leave during class if they’re concerned that any of the material might be too triggering for them to handle.

According to an article in the Daily Mail, the lecturer, Gabriel Moshenska, warned his students that the class will cover “historical events that may be disturbing, even traumatising,” and that they can “step outside” “without penalty” if they’re concerned something might make them uncomfortable.

if this is too much heat

please feel free to step out of this thread for a smoke break

Isn't archaeology a sub of anthropology that you have to take if you want to study anthropology?

*hi, captain Archaeology here*

No, it's 2 different fields. While archaeologists study shit past civilizations and cultures left behind, anthropologists study human and animal anatomy. During excavations you see a team of archaeologists and if they find human remains, they call some anthropologist to go and dig those human remains. It happened with my project this last summer.
By the way, it can happen the other way around, if anthropologists are digging up dinosaurs, they can call archaeologists to make the field registration. We don't do dinosaurs either ;)

*flies away*

Last edited:
Yeah, i know that which is why i asked and yes, i know its 2 different fields.
No, it's 2 different fields. While archaeologists study shit past civilizations and cultures left behind, anthropologists study human and animal anatomy. During excavations you see a team of archaeologists and if they find human remains, they call some anthropologist to go and dig those human remains. It happened with my project this last summer.
By the way, it can happen the other way around, if anthropologists are digging up dinosaurs, they can call archaeologists to make the field registration. We don't do dinosaurs either ;)

*flies away*

I just checked Wiki and this is what they had to say:
In North America, archaeology is considered a sub-field of anthropology,[4] while in Europe archaeology is often viewed as either a discipline in its own right or a sub-field of other disciplines
I thought so... I thought over here if you wanted to become an anthropologist, you also studied archaeology for a bit, which is why i asked the question. Over here i think its views as a branch of anthropology.

*flies away*
And thus the archaeologists are the ones digging and finding bones.

Back