[HELP] my fucking incontinent dog

Arcanox

Contributor
Veteran X
Well I take my dog out for a short walk and he marks his territory and does his other business. After I let him off his leash and sit him down on his rug while I go out to take care of the neighbors dog (which I'm caring for over the march break).

My dog has a small problem with incontinence while he's sleeping. He wets his fucking bed. The only problem here is, he wasn't sleeping in his bed. He was sleeping on my brothers bed which had the nice pristine white goose down duvet sitting ontop without a slipcover or anything.

So I have this yellow stain that I can't just "air out". Whats my best bet for cleaning this? Washing it by hand in the laundry tub and put it off airfluff for 3-4 hours? Can anyone else recommend any other tricks to help get it out?

incontinent? that's a word?

/me checks the dictionary

edit:

in·con·ti·nent Audio pronunciation of "incontinent" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (n-knt-nnt)
adj.

1. Not restrained; uncontrolled: incontinent rage.
2. Lacking normal voluntary control of excretory functions.
3. Lacking sexual restraint; unchaste.

I've learned something new today.

Your brother sounds a little Brokeback. I mean wtf is a slipcover and a duvet?

They make stain remover specifically for urine and vomit stains. Due to the high acidity of urine and vomit, normal cleaners don't do a great job.

I decided to wash it by hand... it's probably the safest route. I also have a fairly new dryer that can do air fluffing and has super gentle settings.

You can apparently wash goose down, but only like once every 5 years. It cuts down on how long it will last, but at least it won't smell like dog piss. When caught him sleeping on it, and he mainly let the stream go when I walked in. I was able to wipe off most of it with a damn cloth before it soaked in, so hopefully there won't be any stains.

The alternative would be to wait for my brother to get home with the car in 6 hours or so.

Short term, get some Simple Green. It can clean a battleship's hull.

Long term, consider clothes-pinning your dog's crank when he's asleep.

Nature's Miracle.

One of my cats once decided to go on a peeing rampage all through the house, including the bed. It was right before she was fixed. Cats in heat are so bizzare. She would pee, and then hang out by her pee spot hoping someone would come along and screw her.

Last edited:
Back