Headed to Disney? Hire the Handicapped.

I imagine being able to skip lines would only slightly outweigh the fact you have to go on every single ride and spend one or more days at an amusement park in the company of a total stranger, with your family

but that's just me

My dad abuses the shit out of this - open heart surgery basically gives you handicapped status for life (he had a really bad murmur) and honestly I don't really like doing it. I kind of like meeting random people in line and talking with friends/family while you wait.

He also goes out of his way to park in handicapped spots just because he can.

it's not like they have to acknowledge the handicapped person

they probably hire another slave to push the person around

rayn would know, but I don't think the handicapped wait time for all rides is necessarily faster.

for Small World After All it's def. faster due to the way the ride works.

but I guess you can just ditch the guide for rides where the handicapped wait time has a reputation for not being faster (or in some cases slower).

I don't see much of a problem with this. Handicapped person makes 1k a day and gets to go to disneyland, rich people spend a day with a stranger, but skip lines. The only entity that actually loses on this is Disney because they don't buy the VIP pass.

you don't see an ethical problem, eh?

I hope yoda never runs across my lost wallet... geez.

there is never a 2.5 hour wait for it's a small world the article is hyped bullshit.

people already do this without paying for it, they just get there and rent a wheelchair or scooter.... its not like they ask for proof that you require one when you rent one.

the handicapped line is almost universally faster however we have a system of loading different guests based on their disability -- some are faster than others. we could get people on in basically no time at all if they require it. technically just being in a wheelchair isn't supposed to get you to the front of the line automatically, but many workers will let you through without questioning it.

you're supposed to go to guest services and get a special pass that details what kind of accommodation you need. I was a real stickler about this because I saw so much abuse. this is what led to some special guests accusing me of being a racist and trying to get me fired. some guy wanted to use the wheelchair seating because he got to the indiana jones stunt show late and claiming to have a disability. he had a party of like 15 people with him. these people just have no qualms trying to abuse the system, they have such a sense of entitlement.

yay happiest place on earth! was a lot better there before the 'economy' resorts.

No, I don't do this. I get to the park one hour before they open, first in line at the gate, and do the major rides first. If I'm going to Cedar Point, I stay at Breakers Express, which gives me a pass to get in 1 hour early. A season pass will also do this.

I also go mid week, in May or June. The worst time to go is July and beginning of August, that's peak season.

If you're going to visit a park, now would be the time to do it.

Last edited:
exactly. how would they enforce this? randomly have pluto sneak up behind wheelchairs and do a dump test?

you don't see an ethical problem, eh?

I hope yoda never runs across my lost wallet... geez.

Do you see an ethical problem with having VIP passes?

I would have a problem with it if they did Rayn said, ie faking being handicapped. But, fundamentally, paying more to have a better/more efficient experience? I don't have a problem with it.

I don't see much of a difference between Disney making more money off the rich people by allowing them to skip lines by paying more and hiring a handicapped person to hang out with you for the day.

Last edited:
Do you see an ethical problem with having VIP passes?

I would have a problem with it if they did Rayn said, ie faking being handicapped. But, fundamentally, paying more to have a better/more efficient experience? I don't have a problem with it.

are you asking if I would I have an ethical problem with paying for a service Disney offers to visitors to their park as opposed to lying to circumvent it?

christ, you're as dumb as ever.

are you asking if I would I have an ethical problem with paying for a service Disney offers to visitors to their park as opposed to lying to circumvent it?

christ, you're as dumb as ever.

Maybe I missed this part, but where did they lie? They hired someone to hang out with them for a day and be their "tour guide". They aren't pretending to be family. Disney allows handicapped guests to bring 6 people with them as they go around. I'm not sure how a handicapped person 'selling out' and getting paid to take people around is wrong or makes the people that pay them unethical.

there is never a 2.5 hour wait for it's a small world the article is hyped bullshit.

This. 30 minutes tops.

Space Mountain? Maybe approaching 2 hours on the busiest day of the year if everyone is being a retard and not using Fast Pass. Most people will skip a 2 hr wait and come back later with Fast Passes.

Article is trolling bullshit.

Back