HBO - True Detective

alot of ppl postin about how excited they are for the last 2 episodes but i feel like the direction of the show + tuttle subplot is kind of handcuffing the show's potential options. it seems a bit too obvious to me right now to blame everything on religion and then tie it all together with marty's daughter. if they threw in some gimmick twist at the end on top of this i feel like it would just cheapen everything. so basically my point is, i don't see where the show can end outside the obvious tuttle/religion thing

Hopefully they don't go for some gimmick twist and spend the final two episodes to provide a suspenseful conclusion. It will be a bit of a letdown if, in the final 15 minutes, there is some elaborate twist where we find out that Marty has been banging Rust for years or something.

shrug if i make logical points about something based on comparative and objective statements and get called a whiner or pessimist about it i really couldn't care less, im only looking for a response with similar comparative/objective statements about the show/other shows

i stand by my point about breaking bad, that after watching 5 1/2 seasons of walter white winning battles with homemade improvised explosives, giant magnets from trucks, cargo train heists, with walt becoming a behind-the-wheel assassin, chemist-assassin, and cartel-leader assassin to see his family safe and to prove "he is the one who knocks," that as a result of this - it seemed stupid and unbelivable to me for walter white to suddenly become completely unable to overcome any challenge or deal with any of his problems/save his family in a 2-3 episode arc that ended the series. i think it was a mistake the BB series dealt with all of walt's insurmountable problems/challenges in the final 2-3 episodes and not across more of the final season

sure these shows are entertaining on a visceral level, premium cable's version of steak and lobster as opposed to the regular 99c tripe. but i don't simply eat my food. i want to understand where the food came from, how it was cooked, and how that process compares to all the other top places i've eaten at. just chewing, tasting, and swallowing isnt enough for me

Last edited:
so much television is such shit and the rest of it is marketed towards teens, females, and males on couches who are just watching tv with females

im vry glad for shows like bb and true detective :shrug:

i'm glad i can sit down and enjoy a well written tv show w/out spending the entire time analyzing small details and finding ways to criticize it

why do u even watch tv

shrug if i make logical points about something based on comparative and objective statements and get called a whiner or pessimist about it i really couldn't care less, im only looking for a response with similar comparative/objective statements about the show/other shows

i stand by my point about breaking bad, that after watching 5 1/2 seasons of walter white winning battles with homemade improvised explosives, giant magnets from trucks, cargo train heists, with walt becoming a behind-the-wheel assassin, chemist-assassin, and cartel-leader assassin to see his family safe and to prove "he is the one who knocks," that as a result of this - it seemed stupid and unbelivable to me for walter white to suddenly become completely unable to overcome any challenge or deal with any of his problems/save his family in a 2-3 episode arc that ended the series. i think it was a mistake the BB series dealt with all of walt's insurmountable problems/challenges in the final 2-3 episodes and not across more of the final season

sure these shows are entertaining on a visceral level, premium cable's version of steak and lobster as opposed to the regular 99c tripe. but i don't simply eat my food. i want to understand where the food came from, how it was cooked, and how that process compares to all the other top places i've eaten at. just chewing, tasting, and swallowing isnt enough for me

Stringer says "Is You Taking Notes On a Criminal F---ing Conspiracy?" for 10 minutes - YouTube

i'm glad i can sit down and enjoy a well written tv show w/out spending the entire time analyzing small details and finding ways to criticize it

why do u even watch tv

the only 2 criticisms of true detective ive posted in this thread are

1. i dont like the family tension scenes. hart vs maggie. grandpa vs hart.

2. i feel like the last 2 episodes of the series lack suspense/excitement cause the plot seems to have a foregone conclusion

i dont see what small details i'm nitpicking to criticize

Back