[Halloween] Need haunted house suggestions...

Ramzes

Veteran XX
So somehow I got volunteered to setup and be the creator at my little nephews halloween birthday party. And for part of his party my sister wants to make a haunted house for the kids. Now these kids will only range from 4-6 years old. The rules my sister gave me are nothing gory and nothing too scary, which i guess means nothing that will have all these kids crying and screaming to get out. So it's more like a Casper the Friendly Ghost kinda house instead of Texas Chainsaw Massacre kinda house. Now I can think of a bunch of things to do for a normal scary haunted house, but I can't think of much for the kiddies. Any suggestions?

a skil saw without a blade won't cause ANY gore

but i recommend taking a bunch of pictures of their parents dead and putting ethem on the walls

* cover/create a room with black plastic.
* cover the black plastic in UV reactive dot stickers
* buy black pants, a black long sleeved shirt, black gloves, black shoes, and a black mask
* cover black clothing in UV reactive dot stickers
* put a black light in the center of the room.

* scare the crap outta 6 year old kids by popping out from the wall.

We once rigged a bunch of plastic bugs to drop from monofiliment from the ceiling.
I'd think disney ride ala pirates of the caribbean.

* buy black pants, a black long sleeved shirt, black gloves, black shoes, and a black mask

ive done that (minus the 6 yr old kids)

its fucking awesome.

for kids id say motion sensor stuff and stuff thats in dark corners and unable to see with timed lights

black lining on near everything is a must imo for any haunted house. :shrug:

actually for the glow in the dark shiot.. its easier to do a handheld blacklight and wave it along everything. no light ftw

maybe hang 2 LED things from the ceiling to make light floating eyes? :shrug:

Rig a pully system with ghosts made from sheets that you can make fly across the room.

Don't forget to get some scary halloween cd's to play over an audio system.

I saw christmas decoreations being put out at a local grocery store this morning...
I think Christmas is trying to defeat Thanksgiving. Or has it already done that and is now working on Halloween? I've forgotten since last year.

Steal bodies from the cemetary. Arrange them in sexually compromising positions. Have a sign that says "This is how you were born." It's both entertaining AND educational.

Drown a baby in a bucket of vomit, and leave it in the middle of one of the rooms. With a spotlight.

crap. I was hoping someone hadn't said baby in a bucket of vomit.

get a pitcher and fill it with water. put a label on it that says "aids water". serve drinks, enjoy the tears when you tell them they now have aids.

I have actually seen this done....the little kids loved it

I saw something similar to the black room/UV light thing. Cover everything in the room with newspaper. Floor, ceiling, walls, etc. Black and white (not sunday edition comics, sales) stuff only. Cover yourself with same newspaper, covering yourself head to foot. Turn off all the lights, except for a fast flashing strobe. Scare the shit out of the ankle biters.

That idea is actually pretty cheap to do. The one room I had seen had also suspended a heavy bag (punching bag) in the center or the room, also covered with newspaper. People bumped right into it.

Dark room, thousands of fishing hooks on piano wires handing from the ceiling and something frightening near the door to get them running.

Back