(Great)Grand Parents say the darnedest things.

Mr Jimmy Pop

Contributor
Veteran XX
What expressions did your Grand Parents, Great Grand Parents, Great Aunt's Uncles, etc used to say that would make you laugh?

My Grand Mother (Irish) used to say "She is uglier than a barrel full of assholes"

If mine ever saw a heavy woman with tight clothing walking ahead of us - she would say - "looks like two pigs fighting under a blanket".

She was also fond of "drunk as lords".

Them black people...[insert whatever stereotype you want]

She did live through the detroit riots with a husband that was a fireman and 5 kids. Can't blame her for much.

My Grandma complained about the parking around her house on Sundays. "All the darkies have to go to church."

my grandma would sometimes ask if it was a good idea to send money to the people that sent nice letters about their foundations for sick blind kids and that kind of thing

i was always torn whether to tell the truth that some people are lying scumbags who will do anything to scam money or let her maintain her blissfully simplistic view of the world where everyone is inherently good and honest

"what the fuck, I would never buy a kraut car"
"that's fucking bullshit"

after 8, Nana is saltier than you are, and more sauced, proper as hell until then (and wont be around children after 8, I got to know this side when I got older and it was fun that way.)

Back