Got screwed by dell (x800pro order)

-[ENIG]ma-

Veteran XX
i ordered the x800pro from dell (for 321 dollars) and it was supposed to be shipped and in my fucking computer by now... but i just got this e-mail from dell.

us_dell_notify@dell.com

We have reviewed your order. Although we had anticipated being able to ship your order sooner,
we are experiencing an unexpected delay with your order and will not be able to ship this order and any associated orders until on or before 11-17-2004.

Well, you can use some of that $321 to donate to TW and get yourself a sig instead. Do poor people buy $321 video cards?

i'd send money to TW, but colosus already has a laptop

i'm calling dell to bitch at them... went through their damn machine person and started yelling at it and it transfered me to a person... that person couldn't help me, so she transfered me to some dude... the dude said it wasn't his department, and he transfered me back to the fucking machine. i yelled some cuss words and now i'm being transfered to a person again.

headsmash.gif

comp usa has them on the shelves for $399. but they actually physically have them. I am so torn right now, i want one, but i keep telling myself to wait for T.V.

They can't send you what they don't have!! ATI is the blame...they say there is no problem with the yield on the X800 chips but I beg to differ as you still can't get a X800(XT,Pro or PE) PCI-E version.

What kills me is that ATI just anounced a X700 series PCI-E card!

A guy I work with wants a computer to play HL2 as maxed out as possible so if ATI doesn't get off there ass and get the PCI-E rolling out will HAVE to go AGP :(

consultant said:
They can't send you what they don't have!! ATI is the blame...they say there is no problem with the yield on the X800 chips but I beg to differ as you still can't get a X800(XT,Pro or PE) PCI-E version.

What kills me is that ATI just anounced a X700 series PCI-E card!

A guy I work with wants a computer to play HL2 as maxed out as possible so if ATI doesn't get off there ass and get the PCI-E rolling out will HAVE to go AGP :(
PCI Express: You really don't have to worry about this for a couple more years dude. Just buy an AGP card it will be fine.

So if you're buying the x800, how much you want for the 9800 pro (im on a 128 mb 9700 TX-basically a 9500 pro)

Back