Going to basic training tomorrow.

RS_Smokey

Veteran X
So i'm sitting here at this hotel with a bunch of nerds. You'd think that people joining the military would be somewhat cool people... but these dudes are the suck. I kinda wish I woulda sat my ass at the house. I gotta wake up at 4am to ship out to Missouri. If anyone has ever been to fort leonard wood, I'd appreciate some advice.

Missouri? Shit dude. I'd switch to marines, at least then you get to go to San Diego (well, Camp Pendelton)

remember these words of advice as my dad has taught me.

A) They will yell at you for anything and everything. This included not folding your shirts correctly. It's their job to yell at you, they have nothing against you.

B) If they ask you to fold your underwhere in a 4x4 arangment, do it, no questions asked. Just a "sir yes sir!"

C) The weak are yelled at just as much as the strong.

Chef God said:
remember these words of advice as my dad has taught me.

A) They will yell at you for anything and everything. This included not folding your shirts correctly. It's their job to yell at you, they have nothing against you.

B) If they ask you to fold your underwhere in a 4x4 arangment, do it, no questions asked. Just a "sir yes sir!"

C) The weak are yelled at just as much as the strong.

A) True.
B) its the army.. we don't call our enlisted people "sir"
C) False (at least in my experience) the weak (physically or mentally) will get their asses torn apart alot more.. It is possible to make it through BCT without a DS knowing your name, I made it 3 weeks as a squad leader without one of my DS's knowing my name.

oh yea.. Reception Sucks total ass.. its slow, boring, and people are obnoxious.. don't try and quit.. failing the pre-basic pt test doesn't work anymore, they'll still ship you.. it just means you'll have a longer BCT if you can't pass the End of Cycle pt test. BCT flys by.. trust me I had a 10 week BCT cycle (this isn't counting reception time and arguebly is you want to count the 1 week at Ft. Pickett.. it was a 11 week BCT with a one week "break" at reception for a total of 12 weeks) from June-Sept 04

RS_Smokey said:
apollod, what is your mos? artillery I presume.

13M (MLRS Crewmember) and 13B (Cannon Crewmember) goto ait for 13B on May 29th; MOS switches to 09R (Cadet) August 1st.. so essentially my AIT is a waste, I have no desire to branch Artillery when I commission (granted its not really upto me.. but I do have some minor control over it)

Last edited:
Maybe I'll be saluting you one day apollod. For now, I'm gonna go watch tiger land. Thanks for the advice about Reception Battalion.

Back