Going hiking in Zion National Park

link2661

Veteran X
Anyone ever been? There's a double bachelor party in Vegas, and we're taking two of the days to go hike in Zion.

Any trails I should take? Tips?

yea you wont be disapointed.

do the Narrows hike its bad ass. you might want to rent the waddeers cause you have to go through water but it also might be hot so maybe nice to go through the water. There is also one called angels something or another and that hikes up to the top i believe

let me find my thread i did car camping there and its absolutely beautiful

edit found the thread http://www.tribalwar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=435852&highlight=Zion but my pics are all gone ...was hosted by moker and hes gone baby gone :( gimme a few mins and ill upload a couple

Last edited:
Angel's Landing is amazing. Do that one day, and spend the other day on one of the slot canyon trails (the Narrows or Subway or something). Ask a ranger what's good at the time, since they're variably closed or require wetsuits based on current water levels etc.

the weeping waterfalls is cool and think the emerald pools is on the same trail as well.

also take a drive through the tunnel cause the windows in it are pretty fucking cool.

here is a dual screen wallpaper i made a while back from zion
Zion_Dual_Monitor_2560x1024_by_travace.jpg

also here is a pic of a wind scorn rock that is over by the famous checkerboard rock that i was experimenting with photo manipulation. pic was taken during the day i was trying to make it look night
Midnight_Winds_by_travace.jpg

What kind of gear do I need beyond hiking shoes, water, backpack, etc.?

It sounds like it can be pretty wet there. Also, over 100 degrees.

yea it can get very hot so bring water. There is streams and what not but i dont think they allow filtering from them. Check to be sure before you go.

like anything tho bring a first aid kit. some food if you are gonna be out all day. Its a pretty populated area and they have buses going in and out all the time. there is even a lage hotel/cabin thingy you can stay the night at but im sure it gets booked up all the time. Just outside of the park there is tons of small buisness that do all kinds of activitys in the area tho.

Emerald pools has some great scenery but it isn't a very strenuous hike. The narrows is awesome but be ready for a full day commitment. You're going to have to rent the waders/staff thing if you really want to do it and it is very hard work.

Emerald pools has some great scenery but it isn't a very strenuous hike. The narrows is awesome but be ready for a full day commitment. You're going to have to rent the waders/staff thing if you really want to do it and it is very hard work.

i was told certain times of the year waders are not needed as the water is low enough but hey whatever the park rangers say goes so just be sure to check with the guides/rangers before you go out.

Back