GOD FUCKING DAMNIT OIL IS $98/BARREL

I'll fill you in on my financial genius and help you all get as rich as I have. To date, I've made $31,201,301.12 using this method. As soon as the Canadian dollar passed by the American dollar in value I went to Barnes and Noble and bought as many books as I could afford (paperbacks work best for cost). Because they were $5.99 US/7.99 Can, I then took them across the border and sold them in front of canadian stores, netting myself a nice profit per book. Using that profit to in turn buy more books in the US, I've quickly made a ton of profit through my illegal book trafficking business.
:lol:

I'll fill you in on my financial genius and help you all get as rich as I have. To date, I've made $31,201,301.12 using this method. As soon as the Canadian dollar passed by the American dollar in value I went to Barnes and Noble and bought as many books as I could afford (paperbacks work best for cost). Because they were $5.99 US/7.99 Can, I then took them across the border and sold them in front of canadian stores, netting myself a nice profit per book. Using that profit to in turn buy more books in the US, I've quickly made a ton of profit through my illegal book trafficking business.

I just looked for some books to see if they still put canadian prices on them. I found one that's $29.95 US, $47.50 CAN.

Too bad the gas costs too much to transport these things for a profit. :eek:

Books and cars were one of the major hot topics in the news with the rise of the CND $. A lot of book retailers are eating the difference now and selling books for the US list price. It's about time...
Tons of people in Alberta are heading to Spokane to buy cars, too, and saving 5-10 g's with the xchange diff. If there was anything in the States worth seeing I'd go travelling there....

you guys are idiots.

If it gets higher, it will hit a threshold which means it will be economically viable to start extraction oil from Oil Shale, of which america has 4 trillion barrels of oil.
Canada just recently started getting oil from its oil sands in the west. I think it's 100 billion barrels. They have the 2nd largest reserves. Saudi Arabia is about to post some stuff and claim they now have 300 billion barrels of oil.

Oil will get expensive, but we wont run out for another 40-50 years probably. Unless we find a way to get at the Oil Shale that doesnt fuck over the environment, then we'll have oil a bit longer.

I'm more afraid of sea level rises for 39 inches in the next century tbh.
didn't read thread but oil and gas reserves in alberta(western canada) are predicted to run completely dry in about 8 years unless they figure out a way to get more oil from the oilsands

Besides selling contents of a barrel as other products, oil companies get a lot of money from the govt to keep the price low.

I agree that we should stop subsidizing the industry. People would riot and demand a change in things. Maybe more mass transit on electric rails and such.

That's a nice dream that will never happen =/

They had a news story on nightline I think it was last night.

It costs them $500,000 to drill for a well. If they hit nothing (happens 6/10 times) then they lose the $500,000. But if they hit oil, they get around $10 million from the well.

The guy also said Texas alone has billions of barrels of oil left and said OPEC was to blame.

They had a news story on nightline I think it was last night.

It costs them $500,000 to drill for a well. If they hit nothing (happens 6/10 times) then they lose the $500,000. But if they hit oil, they get around $10 million from the well.

The guy also said Texas alone has billions of barrels of oil left and said OPEC was to blame.

for land acquisition yes. It is much more common to hit dry or migrated... but for marine the return is usually much higher due to better acoustics.

For me the real problem is that my wage isn't able to keep up with the price of gas.

Spoiler

Spoiler

I'd like to ammend my previous statement.

The price of gas now also has such an effect on every other market, due to transportation costs, that lower wage/hourly paid consumers are unable to keep up with the rising costs of everything.

I just looked for some books to see if they still put canadian prices on them. I found one that's $29.95 US, $47.50 CAN.

Too bad the gas costs too much to transport these things for a profit. :eek:

It wouldn't really work anyways since most Canadian bookstores are now selling books at the US prices. They announced that last week.

oil, as long as we need it, will never become so expensive that the majority can't afford it.

If you don't make more money than the 'majority' of american's you're pretty useless.

shit, minimum wage in CA is almost the median for the country

lol california sucks lol

not really though, the "median" is 57,000, CA mini wage for a FT worker is ~17k

Last edited:
Back