GI Joe 2 Delayed till March '13

BobDlux

Veteran X
Studio mentioning something about converting to 3D. Sounds like an excuse as if it tested poorly. Any SuperGrover sightings lately?

what a shocker, the movie didnt appear to be a retarded formulaic shitfest at all from the trailers

This news item needed its own thread.

Considering TW member Supergrover wrote the movie, it sort of does. :p

Also it makes total sense why they'd want to move the date. It was originally coming out on June 29th, the same day as the next Madea movie starring Tyler Perry as Madea. Also Channing Tatum has a 2nd movie releasing on that same day, so it would split the audience members who want to see Channing Tatum. Four days after that, Spiderman opens.

It makes much more sense to spend 7 months converting it to 3D and releasing it in January, one of the worst months for movies, and charging twice as much per ticket.

apparently what happened is that Battleship bombed (BIG SURPRISE) yet did ok in europe because it had 3d......and apparently 3d is HUGE in europe. so they are going back and adding 3d to help make up for the huge bomb that was battleship.

apparently what happened is that Battleship bombed (BIG SURPRISE) yet did ok in europe because it had 3d......and apparently 3d is HUGE in europe. so they are going back and adding 3d to help make up for the huge bomb that was battleship.

International market has begun to make a huge impact on Hollywood's profits. SF and action movies in 3d without a lot of dialog are particularly popular. Finally the rest of the world is appreciating our number one export: violence.

International market has begun to make a huge impact on Hollywood's profits. SF and action movies in 3d without a lot of dialog are particularly popular. Finally the rest of the world is appreciating our number one export: violence.

hollywood's catering more towards the international scene. see: Avengers. I got to see it before you guys in the US. I remember when Mission Impossible 3 came out a day earlier than Hollywood here and it caused a big stir; Avengers came out a whole week earlier where I'm at, and 2 weeks earlier in Europe

just thank your own dumbasses for paying for avatar

we wouldnt be in this mess

yes I am one of those dumbasses

Back