[GAMING NEWS] Steam Deck

i like how when i open steam now it goes right to a nice little ad for the deck

only july and they are pumping this thing hard

i like how when i open steam now it goes right to a nice little ad for the deck

only july and they are pumping this thing hard

They should just quit with the blabbing. They are all "sold out". The top end model doesn't even ship until Q2 2022. At this point, it's kind of a "make to order" situation.

LOL I can't believe people are going to buy this thing. take that big steam deck right up your ass.

I won't get it at launch, but I really do think this will be a success. The switch like form factor works a lot better than I thought, and I can tell the controls on this thing will be great. Also since it's a PC they said there is nothing preventing you from installing the Epic Game Store, and presumably all those game would work too.

Watch this:

A few take aways:

-Gabe is old and mega rich and doesn't even super involve himself in different projects it seems. With this he speaks of it as a product category to open up for Valve and other hardware companies. I think that alone tells us this is a pretty serious project they expect to have a long term pay off. They've done other things in the past that will make this product great. When they did steamboxes, they got a nice UI that works for this stuff. When they made the steam controller they are taking the best from that and putting it in this.

-Gabe is tall and fat, meaning that no matter what this product will feel comfortable in large hands. I had a steam controller. I gave it a fair shake and it was good for some games, but I went back to the 360. The way these controls are it seems like they've brought over the best of the steam controller. The track pads will most likely have force feedback.

Last edited:
Going to wait until third party reviewers can take the Steam Deck apart and do some real world benchmarking on it before passing judgement.

They're pretty vague when it comes to specifics regarding the hardware performance. They focus on secondary qualities like the thumbsticks, touchpads and screen... but not on the APU itself.

They claim it'll run modern AAA games... but don't give details about exactly what can be expected.

Is the system relying on the remote streaming function to make these claims? Not running natively on the Steam Deck itself? With only 64gb of eMMC memory for the base model... you can't really load your typical AAA game on it... so how is it practical in that aspect? Can you add your own SSD to it? Or is everything soldered on?

I like that it comes with it's own OS, but you still retain the option to load any OS you want on it, even Windows.

that motherfker chargin me way more than 30% on steam ... prob for som secret steam black ops aka donuts for gabe fund

or artifact 2 lol

Yeah, I saw yolomouse on there and was wondering if you sold it off or something.

Im concerned about this being future proof, but I can also just see myself getting lost playing SNES emulators all the time.

Theoretically... a custom OS and API optimized specifically to play games on the Steamdeck can probably keep it relevant a long time if designed well and enough potential is present in the hardware form the onset.

Look at current gaming consoles. They're not exactly running bleeding edge hardware in them relative to current PC's, but still produce enough performance for the games that are made today for them.

Its a question of how committed to the product vALVE is or if they're just going to kick it off and then hope other parties pick it up and carry it forward.

Like they did with the Steam consoles. Prove it as a marketable console with an audience established and then hope other brands actually build their own versions.

Back