[GAMING NEWS] Steam Deck

Got Haggis?

Veteran XX
Steam Deck

switch-like device (that also functions as a linux desktop) from Valve. Plays your Steam Library.

$399 for base model - 64GB
$529 for 256GB nvme
$649 for 512gb nvme

(probably another failed Valve device)

how many pc games are practical with a controller on a tiny screen

... still makes more sense than cloud gaming :shrug:

Pre-order reservations start in about 7 minutes....
You need an active account and need to have purchased something fairly recently.
They are trying to nerf the poachers.
We'll see how this goes ;)

I got a Switch recently and enjoy it more than I thought it would. I think this is a good idea and I hope it sells well.

Many years ago Gabe talked about an impending future where tech giants would create their own ecosystems to control software, and pushed very early to make steam work well with Linux. This was at a time when no one knew how bad it would get.

PC gamers tend to be older and higher income than console gamers. I think this makes sense and is affordable for who would be most interested. Also, read the site, you can use the deck as a PC. It also has gyro controls and in one of the gifs it looked like someone was playing Crysis with thumbsticks, but could also fine aim with the gyro just by moving the unit. That seems like a great idea for hand held FPS.

Last edited:
Reservations are a clusterfuck already. I managed to get a reservations transaction through. So, I might be golden for the kid's Christmas this year. Last year was an Xbox Series X. They are still like gold dust.

:lol: The preorder reservation is on ebay at prices up to 5K. Most are at around $1200 for the 512GB model. They were $699 direct. They all appear to be sold out.

I am not going to sell it since it's a present and worth it for me to make my kid "the lucky one" but that's hilarious. Oh the tears as well. Dumb fucks need to figure this shit out. Put it this way - constantly clicking shit doesn't always work and can time you out. Whatever. I made it out victorious again in the battle for the hot toy.

They also changed the shipment date almost immediately to Q1 2022 - AFTER Christmas. But, they didn't do that until later after the sale started. Slimy fuckers :rofl:

Back