[fyi] I have anal glaucoma.

What the fuck are you people doing up so early? ;) Ah, tw ... finally I will have a day to whore you again.

Our factory is so close to layoffs, I'm less than a month from flying to South America again for 9 months, I haven't called in sick once in 5 months ... I'm going to risk it.

Calling now. ;) I'll find out tomorrow if I'm fired or not.

Heh, well, this will be difficult to explain tomorrow.

I got caught off-guard by the voicemail box, I was expecting to talk to the big boss in person.

Instead, I just said "Oh. Hey, Del. This is ___ _____, I am not going to be able to come in today, but I will see you guys tomorrow."

He's going to blow a capillary. This is a very unpleasant factory, even as factories go, so I'm guessing that tomorrow will suck. Never call without giving a reason. :lol: Doh!

/me cracks open a bottle of Blue Moon for breakfast.

link: yeah, I know, it's awesome!

The WORST that could happen: I am fired tomorrow.

Ridiculous, because my helper would have to take over Inside Shipping and Receiving. He's missed work 3 times in the last month and skipped out early twice to go hunting. He failed his first piss test, but wasn't fired because he made union the day before he took the test.

Also, he's dropped 3 walls. (30x12 feet, covered in brick, in a crowded factory ... dropped them from the hoist because of not paying attention).

I don't see me getting fired.

But if I get fired, I get unemployment early, and get to take it easy for my last month in the states, because I already have money for two years saved up.

Heheh.

They fire people for taking a sick day? Is that even legal?
You do not understand this place. Nobody does. It is beyond the reach of all laws and OSHA.

The massive pork processor in town with all the illegals ... has a WAAAAAY more lenient attendance policy. (I worked there before going to S.America last time).

mr_luc...are you from argentina? I have a friend going to live down there in a couple weeks. I was gonna go visit her. We should hang out and drink blue moon's for breakfast together. :heart: /notgay

yakuza: I don't have energy for that stuff any more in the states. In ecuador, I surf. :D :D :D Way more fun than grappling with sweaty dudes, and less long-term wear and tear.

Fired, unemployment ... whatever. Obviously, they can't fire me with cause; I've never taken unemployment before and don't need it now, but it'd be cool to get it for even a few months while I'm in SA, heh ...

Back