fun heavy offense facts (or things that make you terrible)

T-Refried-455

Veteran XX
hello i am here with protip goat feedback after watching several HO flail around like drunk fish on some maps during super base PU night

every single HO route in entire game only take 1 disc and they can all be started from the main entrance of any given base

things that are terrible and make you terrible:

-if you can't ski from your base door to their base door on any map
-if you have to start from the TOP of the base on snowblind to ski base to base
-if you use more than 1 disc to b2b on snowblind or ANY map
-if your route does not include dropping a mortar on the tower as you go by
-if you use ANY disc when skiing from tower 2 base
-if you walk up the retard slow bus ramp on raindance to start route instead of bounce out of base
-if you can't hit the base of the RT while going full speed on normal routes (all RT maps)
-if you do not continue to attack gens in naked spawn while your base is taken

tnx u lil pups gg gl hf

These aren't really tips more things you need to do, but I'll add some:

- Make sure to let the TF and HOF grab their setup first, then HO then cappers/LD
- Get a goddamn auto-health kit topper so you're not sitting there in the inv for 30 seconds going red to green
- Play your damn position! If our base goes down you don't become a spawn Base D, go O in spawn and cluster-rape. If we're getting annihilated with HO, literally sit on a ridge and spam 7-8 discs into the entrance of their base. Two guys doing this can hold their entire HO line on RD in their base for 30 seconds.
- Listen for the captain to make new calls. If there are 5 mins left and we're down by a point or two, your captain will usually begin to focus entirely on their HOF and capping. Again, even just two guys disc-spamming their stand and NOT hitting our cappers will clear the stand in 10 seconds.
- RQ is a tricky map but if you pop out the top and time your fall on the downward wall properly, you can actually DJ off of the transition and rocket into the air just like RD. You can do the same thing on the CCD tower
- RC you should hit the inside Panel coming, take the valley under the base and hit the ELF, pop up on far side to hit their outer panel and then mine the outer ledge and hop inside if you can, it not, rest on the back hill spamming the outer ledge. RC has 75% of their spawns on that ledge and you can lock down their team pretty quickly (people will hate you).
- DON'T STAND ON THE STAND AND LLAMA. 9/10 times you are going to try to disc jump away from 5-10 dudes all right beside you and die instantly while your cappers fly through the enemy base at a million mph with nothing to grab. Pay attention to your radar and clear for the cappers incoming unless it is an e-grab.
- Give your mines to the HOF on SB if you're popping out the top.
- Take the Repair kit with you when you rape the tower

- Get a goddamn auto-health kit topper so you're not sitting there in the inv for 30 seconds going red to green
little known fact: auto-health script doesn't do anything special. you can just spam your use health kit button a bunch of times while in inv and it will do the same thing. this is what we did before auto-health script. the benefits to the auto-health script is that it does it always, so there is no forgetting (i never forget) and you can do other stuff while it does it. but you don't need it to buy you 8 health kits in .5s. you can do that anyway.

So I played Shifter way back in the day, and renegades before that. I literally have zero experience in LT or Base. I started playing LT because that is where the population is (and anni sucks) and since we have started playing base I have actually found this thread pretty helpful even though it's intent was to make fun of people. There is actually useful tips in here.

Is there a guide for base similar to the Stork Guide for LT? I found that guide really useful actually. For example, I have no idea what HOF means. Heavy Offense Flag? No clue. Give me ze text guide plz friends.

a few tip and trick 4 new base player:

• b4 u go HO u must first equip hvy armor & buy powerful mortar gun
  • when run cap route try 2 go as fast as can
  • use V menu 2 coordinate APC pickups
  • littl;e known tactic use blaster 2 communicate in morse code if base go down and u lose electric
  • if ur opponent in midair do not waste shot, impossible 2 hit him and if u make this lucky hit u will be accuse of hack & kick from server
  • always attack in group of 2-3 like wolve pack

little known fact: auto-health script doesn't do anything special. you can just spam your use health kit button a bunch of times while in inv and it will do the same thing. this is what we did before auto-health script. the benefits to the auto-health script is that it does it always, so there is no forgetting (i never forget) and you can do other stuff while it does it. but you don't need it to buy you 8 health kits in .5s. you can do that anyway.

But in 1.4 it auto-drops you from the inv and only makes a single purchase so you do need to. (Back in the day you would spam alternate H and Function key not just H otherwise you never bought a kit again. Actually if you want to get really technical, people would disc themselves to half health and then buy 8 kits so that they DJed before topping (once you top it stops healing) allowing the extra kit purchases to fully heal them and give essentially a free DJ)

• littl;e known tactic use blaster 2 communicate in morse code if base go down and u lose electric
  • if ur opponent in midair do not waste shot, impossible 2 hit him and if u make this lucky hit u will be accuse of hack & kick from server

very useful

So I played Shifter way back in the day, and renegades before that. I literally have zero experience in LT or Base. I started playing LT because that is where the population is (and anni sucks) and since we have started playing base I have actually found this thread pretty helpful even though it's intent was to make fun of people. There is actually useful tips in here.

Is there a guide for base similar to the Stork Guide for LT? I found that guide really useful actually. For example, I have no idea what HOF means. Heavy Offense Flag? No clue. Give me ze text guide plz friends.

I had one initiated a while back but people trolled it going "EVERYONE KNOWS HOW TO PLAY BASE JOE, IT SO EASY COMPARED TO LT" so it's sitting in the archives half-done.

HoF = Heavy on Flag. It's a heavy with shield who literally just bounces the flag sitting on top of it and blocking cappers. Depending on the map the LD will literally lock him in place with beacons and come heal him and toss kits on him to keep him up since he can cover the entire stand. You can clear him with a well-timed disc to the inside-bottom (launching him up and over) on some maps like RC/RD but on SB/JC (indoor flag rooms) you need to get HO to clear him out or face a MD (mine Disc aka instant kill) to the face. When you come home with the flag you generally toss it to him to cap it if your flag is at home.

But in 1.4 it auto-drops you from the inv and only makes a single purchase so you do need to. (Back in the day you would spam alternate H and Function key not just H otherwise you never bought a kit again. Actually if you want to get really technical, people would disc themselves to half health and then buy 8 kits so that they DJed before topping (once you top it stops healing) allowing the extra kit purchases to fully heal them and give essentially a free DJ)
i never get kicked after initial purchase. and i spam use kit key like crazy while in inv. this works every time.

:lol:

Back