Fuckin house got broken into...

Yeah, if I ever buckle down and become a home owner instead of renting apartments, I'm definitely investing in ADT/Brinks for Home Security.

It was more than likely someone you know who knew you had stuff, knew you were leaving, and knew your gf would be away.

If not someone you know, someone who lives close who has watched and saw you packing, etc., then saw your gf go to work, etc.

Scary but most likely true.

Sad but true, it's like this 9/10 times. Have any druggie friends who needed cash for their next round?

It was more than likely someone you know who knew you had stuff, knew you were leaving, and knew your gf would be away.

If not someone you know, someone who lives close who has watched and saw you packing, etc., then saw your gf go to work, etc.

Scary but most likely true.

Because your neighbors could not give a shit if you were ripped off.

This area is in a good part of town. The cop just said since its getting close to the holidays that break ins will be on the rise.

He thinks we were picked at random since they tried to rob the guy down from me and couldn't get in there

Cops also said they were on foot over a long distance because there's a flat screen and a brand new desktop still in the fuckib box they could have taken. They took the expensive small items.

Amazon.com: Panasonic Network Camera and Pet Cam (BLC1A): Electronics

Hooks up to the router with a network cable. Then all you need is a plug. Mount it on the inside of a window looking at your back door. Comes with software that will let your record 2fps to one computer. They also have a wireless version which is BL-C20A. Mine looks out my front window. They can be viewed from the web if you open port 50000 on your router.

Get a dog.

Cops can't help, we've had break ins in our neighborhood. They take the report and nothing happens. Thieves can come from far away, hit a neighborhood, then move on.

BROBBERY.jpg

I was pretty sure that the bad economy would increase theft crimes more dramatically.

Amazon.com: Panasonic Network Camera and Pet Cam (BLC1A): Electronics

Hooks up to the router with a network cable. Then all you need is a plug. Mount it on the inside of a window looking at your back door. Comes with software that will let your record 2fps to one computer. They also have a wireless version which is BL-C20A. Mine looks out my front window. They can be viewed from the web if you open port 50000 on your router.

Get a dog.

Cops can't help, we've had break ins in our neighborhood. They take the report and nothing happens. Thieves can come from far away, hit a neighborhood, then move on.

They took his laptop and he is posting from his blackberry... where the hell is the web cam going to record to?

I have a mini dachshund. Not much help. Though his bark might have beeb enough for them to be hesitant. But he also was not at the house when this happened.

And yes I will be purchasing a security system tomorrow

Lock your car doors every night. We had high school kids come through our neighborhood at 3am checking every car in the neighborhood. They came back at 6am, stole DVD players out of unlocked cars, and tried to make it look like the landscaper did it. I had them on camera. Cops didn't catch them, but I posted their pics at the pool bulletin board.

^^^ He needs a tower computer, doesn't have to be anything fancy. Thieves will not steal a tower computer with all the wires. They want easy things they can grab and run with. Co-Worker had his house broken into the same way, through the back door. They took his car keys and stole his car. Got it back a few days later. Didn't steal his tower computer. Two co-workers now have that camera looking out their front window.

Last edited:
Yeah. I'm going to invest in a hand gun also.

I would destroy everything in the kitchen if I ever had to use the shotty

Yeah. I'm going to invest in a hand gun also.

I would destroy everything in the kitchen if I ever had to use the shotty

Guns are ok, but 9 times out of 10 you'll get robbed when you're not home.

Seriously, get a decent sized dog that can tell the difference between you bringing home a friend and a dumbshit wanting to steal your laptop.

Back