FTL on hard mode

yeah, normal was a nice challenge. but on hard I am never able to buy anything at the stores cause I spend so much scrap on repairs. fourth time I die and still haven't gotten to the last sector.

I'm gonna have to give up on it. boss fight will not be manageable, specially on phase two with all those fucking drones.

I'm sure its possible with the absolute best jumps, but I think after fifty odd tries I went back to normal.

As much as I can find his personality a bit grating, if you check out some of Lethalfrag's streams / videos on it you should learn a lot. He knows his stuff.

i have a policy of only playing games on the hardest setting

im about 80% in... just have to be careful and plan differently for each ship

though i dont bother trying to beat it with every single layout

- sun flare... open all yor doors - key rooms. if boarded either have upgraded doors or rush yor doods to medbay except pilot (unless thats boarded)

- nebula storm... not really a big deal unless youre starving for power

- pulsar... wait for pulsar blast, then fire weapons @ enemy weapon system... timed to the drop of their shields by that pulsar blast

Fuck it, i've got places to go and things to accomplish in life. I'm happy with finishing it in normal with multiple ships. Rock A is fuckig horrible by the way.

If you can pull off the right strategy w/ the right ship it's possible, but sometimes you're just fucked. even on normal it's difficult to get to the last sector with an effective ship.

My best run I had 4 of those lasers that shoot 3 round bursts and enough juice to turn them all on. Didn't need drones or anything, that setup fucked up everything I came across.

Back