Fire tablet Fukt

T-Dawg

Contributor
Veteran XX
After a coupla years with no problems, my Fire Tablet suddenly started opening the Documents folder, like every 5 seconds and it's pissing me off. >:-[

At the beginning I killed the shitty Amazon OS and installed android, so wiping it completely could be an all day affair. Also, i have 100 GB of movies and another 250 GB of audio, so backing that up could be problematic.

My virus scanner never caught anything.

Suggestions are solicited

I tried a fire I got as an Xmas gift for about 5 minutes before trashing it. Budget HP laptops run smoother.

fire tablets are garbage and if you have that much stored on one it's probably on a microsd

idiot

I really like my paperwhite but I did have some earlier fire tablets and they sucked except for maybe using in the kitchen for recipes.

I tried a fire I got as an Xmas gift for about 5 minutes before trashing it. Budget HP laptops run smoother.
Yeah it was just a screaming piece of shit before I installed android. I only use it to d/l movies to watch on the big screen. And as a music server

Yeah it was just a screaming piece of shit before I installed android. I only use it to d/l movies to watch on the big screen. And as a music server

i did same and it stopped the updates but at some point got super wacky

ending up factory resetting it, taking the updates and then used the fire toolkit to debloat it again

ran good for netflix/prime/etc so i gave it to my mom who seems to enjoy it

i p much only used it for browsing instagram while pooping, turns out i don't really have any use for a tablet :shrug:

I really don't want to spend a whole lotta time on this like I always did with PCs. I am tryna never sit in front of a PC again (it's been 2 years) but maybe another tablet where I can do my stuff anywhere.

I sat in front of a PC 16 hours a day for 30 years fuck all of that forever

imo tablets are, in general, just a huge waste of money. Their batteries die so quick and they're not worth replacing.

There's tablets floating around this house, but none are mine. If the data you want to get is on a removable Micro Card inside the tablet, pull it out, put it in a card reader (connected to PC) and get it onto an external hard drive.

If the device does not have a micro card, then holy shit wtf.

Back