[FEEDBACK]Why does a mine have more armor than a light?

It only takes two shots.

And also, now that they have gone with making it a deployable, and ultimately a complete bother to use, they had to do soemthing to make it worthwhile. If it was really easy to destroy like in T1 and T2, noone would use it.

For most it's second nature to shoot a flagstand before you cap, giving it more health forces people to relearn. More challenging is all.

It's one thing to shoot the flag stand before you grab. letting loose 2 disks that both land on the flag while skiing toward the thing at a million miles per hour is completely different. Unless you can land the 2 disks or have someone clear the stand for you, you will pretty much lose all of your momentum when you have to slow down to finish clearing the stand.

But, of course, I like that the mines take a couple of hits. It will promote team play. You've gotta do something to promote team play now that vehicles are painfully slow and you can't get in a vehicle with the flag. I know if I put a mine on the flag that gets blown up consistantly, I'd start to get pretty annoyed. I wouldn't mind if I could carry 3 mines and replenish them everywhere, but that is no longer the case.

There's less total armor, it's just smaller and thus more heavily fortified.

All that armor on the light is spread out pretty sparsely.

I hit the flagstand with 3 nades on my way in... still got owned by the mine. After I died, I saw a deployable repairer by the stand.. will these things repair mines too?

if you can get 2 shots on a mine while on a cap route, you're not going very fast.

sure you can launch a hand nade, but that's a fairly unaccurate way considerring there's usually defenders in the way.

makeit one disc to blow it plz. >:|

Because the poor 'widdle 'ting can't fend for itself!

Edit: Also, I don't think the dev team are likely to change their mine.
It is a deployable now, so there are less of them available.
It takes more effort to get a mine and place it somewhere.
For taking the effort to do this, you would want it to be able to stay around for a while.

Don't worry though, I'm sure someone will make up a 'competition' mutator/mod which takes everything that IG have thought long and hard about in their design for the game - and throw it all out the window. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
In competition, there should be players designated to clear the flag... but in pubs, you'll hardly ever hear someone say "I'll keep the flag clear", so it falls back to the capper (who should be going too fast to hit the stand with 2 or 3 discs/nades).

[size=+1]Did you know?[/size]

You can grab the flag without setting mines off if you fly a few feet above the stand, grabbing the flag with your legs.

Btw it's pretty easy to clear the stand on your way in. You just spam a few nades (from the launcher, not hand nades), then shoot a disc when you're close enough.

I just grenade-disc it, or use the grenade launcher which has the faster refire rate.

Or you could have a teammate kill it before you come in, time caps with a partner, wear a shieldpack, etc.

krustyy said:
It's one thing to shoot the flag stand before you grab. letting loose 2 disks that both land on the flag while skiing toward the thing at a million miles per hour is completely different. Unless you can land the 2 disks or have someone clear the stand for you, you will pretty much lose all of your momentum when you have to slow down to finish clearing the stand.

But, of course, I like that the mines take a couple of hits. It will promote team play. You've gotta do something to promote team play now that vehicles are painfully slow and you can't get in a vehicle with the flag. I know if I put a mine on the flag that gets blown up consistantly, I'd start to get pretty annoyed. I wouldn't mind if I could carry 3 mines and replenish them everywhere, but that is no longer the case.

Not to mention, you can repair the mines now in T:V, so if you constantly have someone down there with a Repair pack, you can repair them when the receive splash damage.

charge a hand nade
shoot nade launcher
quick switch to disc for the combo (they will hit at same time) and release nade

gg mine

it's not that hard

|vm| said:
if you can get 2 shots on a mine while on a cap route, you're not going very fast.

sure you can launch a hand nade, but that's a fairly unaccurate way considerring there's usually defenders in the way.

makeit one disc to blow it plz. >:|

stop sucking, there is no delay between switching weapons and firing, and a rocket pod if aimed right takes it out in one volley.

besides is it so unreasonable rely somewhat on other offense?

edit: and as fool pointed out, shield packs...mines actually benefit llama caps.

Back