FEC Rules Against DNC/Jesse Jackson; Fines Them For Election Law Violations

OtisPAB

Veteran X
WASHINGTON, May 27 /U.S. Newswire/ -- The Federal Election Commission (FEC) today announced that the Rev. Jesse Jackson and the Democratic National Committee (DNC) have been found guilty of violating federal election law. The American Conservative Union filed a complaint in 2001 against Jackson and the DNC in response to severe transgressions during the 2000 election cycle. The FEC has slapped both groups with stiff fines totaling a combined $200,000.

"The word is now out; crooked election practices that have become the standard of the Left will not be tolerated," said ACU Chairman David A. Keene. "Jesse Jackson, the Democratic National Committee and their liberal cronies have been found guilty of severe violations of federal election law and must now pay a steep price. This ruling is a real vindication for Republicans and Conservatives across America."

Prior to the 2000 election, Jackson and his Rainbow/PUSH Coalition orchestrated a massive voter registration drive. Election law mandates that such efforts be strictly non-partisan, but the campaign was closely coordinated with the DNC and exclusively targeted highly democratic areas. In addition to planning and coordinating campaign efforts, Jackson's group was directly reimbursed over $450,000 by the DNC to pay for its work. The ACU filed suit in 2001 after the public evidence of the abuse became too visible to ignore.

"Jesse Jackson and the Democratic National Committee committed gross violations of election law, not to mention basic ethics, and many looked the other way," Keene continued. "The ACU will not sit idly by while left-wing interest groups cheat and break the rules. I applaud the FEC for this ruling. "

ACU has filed several similar complaints and has never lost a case, including a victory against the anti-gun rights group Handgun Control. On May 19, ACU filed an ethics complaint against Senate Minority Leader Harry Reid and hopes for a quick investigation.

Haven't heard this on the mainstream media. Didn't find anything on here or CNN.com. OFN?

edit: fixed i think. I suck @ interweb.

http://www.legalrecord.net/index.php?action=doc&doc=2041

Last edited:
and yet Bush and the Rep. Party are not fined for hiring the protesters/mob that were ransacked the ballot counting in Florida in 2000. hmmm

Yes 200,000 is a ton of money. They'll have to have a single fund raising dinner to cover that. Fuck I hope tuesday is good for them.

Anyone else find it odd they were orchastrating a voter registration drive in an area that was already democrat?

Big fucking deal when you have electronic voting machine scandals.

Jesse will pull out his race card, and sue some company to get the money back.
And you'll only hear about it on Foxnews, because the rest of the media is all left wing.

I hate him, but that shouldn't be illegal. Why should a voter registration drive have to be non-partisan?

serves him right, i really dont like that guy or any of the rainbow push people ive unfortunatley met

so if they nailed him for having a partisan voter registration drive, when the fuck does mtv get nailed? im still waiting for bush to send me my notice that hes drafting me. mtv wouldnt lie to me, right?

Last edited:
"The FEC has slapped both groups with stiff fines totaling a combined $200,000."

lol, that is like pennies to these guys.

I do not want to gloat too much, because I am sure both sides were doing their fare share of abuses.

I hate jesse Jackson and don't doubt that he broke the law but what I question is this

how come a private institution can't try and recruit voters only for the side they want?

why is that even against the law?

I bet those busses that are underwater in New Orleans that could have saved lives were running during the elections.

triple said:
so if they nailed him for having a partisan voter registration drive, when the fuck does mtv get nailed? im still waiting for bush to send me my notice that hes drafting me. mtv wouldnt lie to me, right?

omg that commercial was hilarious :rofl: at how they all stop and look at the camera

El Smack said:
This is awesome. I want to see all this shit get cleaned up so we can have clean elections.

I'm so confused, El Smack isn't calling this Republican propaganda or anything..... it must be a trick!

El Smack said:
This is awesome. I want to see all this shit get cleaned up so we can have clean elections.

you'd have to see electronic voting machines that were controlled by top republican-financed companies first

Back