Eternal Crusade

Rosencrantz

Veteran X
Anyone here planning to Waaagh!? They just started their founders program today. It's basically the Space Marines game done up Planetside MMO style (no action bars, no auto attacks...actual aim and shoot gameplay).

There was a bunch of us who had fun together in Space Marines...I'm hoping this will be more of the same.

FAQ:
https://www.eternalcrusade.com/faq

edit: I signed up (didn't have to pay anything yet) and apparently they are giving out free points for their vanity shop if you use a referral code. Mine's EC-OH3R78RTSV69J.

Last edited:
probably going to bomb

probably going to buy it anyway

probably going to grumble like a cunt bc fuck games workshop

obligatory

Yeah, they are promising so much that it's hard to believe they will actually deliver on even a fraction of it. But goddamnit, it's WH40k and I can't really resist WH40k games.

Yea,

I harbor a trace of hope that this won't completely suck balls and will rekindle the fun times of THQ/Relics Space Marine.

Last edited:
Behaviour's track record does not inspire confidence.

Space Marine makes me sad.
It was a pretty good game, with a some flaws that could have been easily fixed if they ever got to make another one... but then it apparently didn't sell that well and then THQ did its explody thing. Goddamn shame.

Space Hulk makes me more sad. I got it in this sale, and all I wanted was the board game with neat graphics. They got close-ish, but nope.
The kill animations are rather bland, there's a host of visual glitches, and the only cool thing about it is the shoulder cams (that very smartly turns away from the action whenever something cool happens because clearly these devs are geniuses). It's not catastrophic, but really their only job was to nail the feel and they didn't quite get it.

Last edited:
how fucking hard is it to make a game/mmo with all these different races, space marine chapters, ig, eldar, tyranidds, orks, chaos, etc etc etc with planetary exploration and the like

i mean fuck, just take mass effect, change the locations and enemies and aliens and make you an IG fuck or something

then when hype is built for universe that is dark and gritty and not overly cartooned, build the mmo and let there be fucking 8 factions all duking it out wherever they want

community led assaults like they already do for the boardgame
armegeddon 3 or whatever

fucking god dammit

its not like GW doesnt have the money
tie it in with literally a billion movies like Aliens, or some brutal ork on ork shit, or drama with inquisitors and chaos in a hive world
or fucking anything

arg fuck

I want a Rogue Trader spacex/sanboxy rpg.

Or the same but as an inquisitor.

But everything has to be multiplayer these days... =\

Last edited:
A hivecity simulator or something would be nice

It would @ least fulfil my requirement for a game to accurately address the horrifying exploitation of the proletariat :roller:

right but see this is the point

you can do it on the tabletop, meaning that you can only do it on the tabletop, with armies coming in at around £1000 minimum

this is GW's business model; they are not universally despised for nothing

That was understood already -I could care less about the tabletop.

I want to see the DSM in the video game. That is my point.

Which Legion would you choose?

Back