Egg in Ramen?

i actually dont like it all whisked in, i just crak it in and let it cook while it is still all together.

but it is delicious in real ramen (aka fuck that top ramen shit)

can i do this into the maruchan ramen bowls?
20070701maruchan.jpg

I put egg in my Top Ramen, preferably Cajun Chicken cuz I like the spice, but its kinda hard to find, so more often than not just Chicken flavored. But not regular egg. Small chopped up egg whites from hard boiled eggs. No yolk. And 2 slices of kraft square cheese. And I don't eat it as a soup. I eat it as noodles. It turns into an EXCELLENT tasting meal. But then I'm a cheese lover, so I guess if you don't love cheese as much as I do it wouldn't appeal to to you. But if you do, and you wanna know how I do it, toss me a pm or something. Doubt many people wanna read it as a post.

I put egg in my Top Ramen, preferably Cajun Chicken cuz I like the spice, but its kinda hard to find, so more often than not just Chicken flavored. But not regular egg. Small chopped up egg whites from hard boiled eggs. No yolk. And 2 slices of kraft square cheese. And I don't eat it as a soup. I eat it as noodles. It turns into an EXCELLENT tasting meal. But then I'm a cheese lover, so I guess if you don't love cheese as much as I do it wouldn't appeal to to you. But if you do, and you wanna know how I do it, toss me a pm or something. Doubt many people wanna read it as a post.

You're a fake, gay cheese lover that loves fake gay cheese.

Put some pepperjack or provalone on that shit, jeez.

I've seen this mentioned on here before. I demand feedback.

I`m pretty sure it was me who mentioned this. And yes 2 eggs are perfect. Stir them up if you want...but i prefer to let them cook as whole as possible.

Edit: after reading the whole thread I`m glad I`m not alone. :)

Last edited:
I am lucky enough to live near Little Tokyo wherein resides Mr. Ramen, a nice little restaurant with cute Japanese waitresses, run by a jovial slight Japanese man with a penchant for Raggea music.

My standard meal there is miso ramen with fried chicken and a hard-boiled egg tossed in.

ZOMG! So good.

Musashi and I have been dining there for well over a decade.

So whats the best instant ramen out there these days?
Ive been eating mostly Udon (same kind of thing with different noodles)... I think the brand is Miyojo.

edit:
if you live in the Chicago area, go to a place called Kitakana (i think thats how you spell it) in Arlington Heights. Mom and pop ramen place.... incredibly good :D

I am lucky enough to live near Little Tokyo wherein resides Mr. Ramen, a nice little restaurant with cute Japanese waitresses, run by a jovial slight Japanese man with a penchant for Raggea music.

My standard meal there is miso ramen with fried chicken and a hard-boiled egg tossed in.

ZOMG! So good.

Musashi and I have been dining there for well over a decade.

This in LA... or where? I might have to swing there next time I'm in LA if so...

There are a couple different ways to do egg + ramen, or egg + soup in general.

1)

-boil water
-Whisk an egg until it is lightly beaten in a seperate bowl
-slowly poor the egg into the boiling water, it should pretty much instantly cook when it hits the water
-add ramen/flavoring

2)

-boil water
-add ramen + flavoring
-when the water starts to boil again, and the noodles are soft, CAREFULLY crack an egg on top of your ramen, be sure not to break the yolk
-wait until the egg has a hard-boiled consistency
-????
-profit

Other tasty additions can include vegetables and various meats/dumplings, but that would take a bit more preparation.

Back