[Ebay] Woman buys home for $1.75 off Ebay

by the time she pays to remove the house she will be well over the maybe $10,000 that lot is worth. From that picture its a pretty damn small lot.

Unless of course she is capable of doing the demo herself. Then its just cost of construction dumpsters.

If its a moderately nice neighborhood...which I can't tell from the pictures, she has a chance of making some serious money. If all else fails...she has some property in her name thats gaining equity--even if its a very smaller amount.

If its a poor section of town she can fix it up and rent it out as a section 8 and have the government pay the rent for the poor folk that will be living in it.

Did you guys forget this is Michigan? She totally did something stupid that is going to cost her property taxes and make her responsible for cleaning up that house/lot

by the time she pays to remove the house she will be well over the maybe $10,000 that lot is worth. From that picture its a pretty damn small lot.

Unless of course she is capable of doing the demo herself. Then its just cost of construction dumpsters.

?

You could pay 5 mexicans $200 to take that house down.

?

You could pay 5 mexicans $200 to take that house down.

You could do that but it would most likely be illegal if they are doing it that cheap.

a few years back I helped my cousin tear down a garage for some one he was doing work for. It was a deep 2 car garage and took 4 long days to tear down and dismantle. After paying for the proper dumpsters the bill we gave the people was $8500. Almost $1000 of that was the 3 dumpsters though and it was a stucco structure.

A guy not far from where i used to live bought an old house, intending to fix it up

realized it would cost way more than he thought, so he elected to tear it down and start from scratch

looked at cost to tear it down and found it was pretty costly

instead, he donated the house to the local volunteer fire dept and let them use it for live training burns, culminating in them burning the house to the ground when they were done.

either way, tearing it down or burning it down, he still had to move the debris away. and there was less debris after the place was torched.

The tax break alone on owning that property would make it worth it.

Unless you don't pay taxes.

In fact that's such a good idea I'm gonna start doing it as a business. Buy old home, get fire insurance, donate to fire department, get tax write off, collect fire insurance check, sell land.

i dont know if he also got a tax write off by "donating" the house or not, i wasnt privy to all the details

i also got 2nd degree burns to my wrists during the training burns

yes blurry as fuck i know

00080f78ia6.jpg

000832yrad0.jpg

upstate new york has something similar going on. so many abandoned properties that they were giving them away for a dollar

Back