DVD ripping

JuSTCHiLLiN

Veteran XX
I want to convert all my DVD's to files (avi, mpeg, whatever). The process I previously used, and have since forgotten how to do, was a pretty long and involved process. I'm looking for a 'fewest hoops' option to convert to files. As for file size, options from CD to a burnable DVD (4.7gb) would be nice, I think I'm shooting for 1gb sizes.

Any suggestions or links to pages I can read?

So keep them in ISO and load virtual with Daemon Tools or Alcohol 120.

Dur. :ftard:

Also if you read the fucking post, it says options for CD or single layer DVD. So I guess you skipped the next to last sentence, you fucking faggot.

So keep them in ISO and load virtual with Daemon Tools or Alcohol 120.

Dur. :ftard:

This is what I do when I need to do it. It's much easier to just load the iso with Daemon than to sit there for 2 hours hoping that it encodes into AVI properly.

It would, however, be nice to have the AVI files now that the 360 supports DivX and XviD.

Out of curiousity since I've never done it. How big would an average DVD after converting to mpg or avi format?
Depends entirely on video compression. You can squeeze whole dual-layer DVDs onto a CD (with significant quality loss).

Well thats what I was getting at... I compress and burn a ton of iso movies etc... Just never tried to convert them into mpeg or avi. How big would they end up in very comparable quality.

I usually do 700MB per hour for movies at full resolution, rounding up. 350-400MB per hour for TV shows...

This is what I do when I need to do it. It's much easier to just load the iso with Daemon than to sit there for 2 hours hoping that it encodes into AVI properly.

It would, however, be nice to have the AVI files now that the 360 supports DivX and XviD.

the 360 plays divx finally!?

Back