[Dubai] Hot times ahead, scientists warn

Thingfish

Contributor
Veteran XX
Climate change could soon push Persian Gulf temperatures to lethal extremes, report warns - The Washington Post

The region that gave birth to civilization six millennia ago could soon witness a grim milestone in the history of urban development: the first cities to experience temperatures too extreme for human survival.

A scientific study released Monday predicts that parts of the Persian Gulf could see lethally hot summers by the end of the century, thanks to human-induced global warming that is already contributing to soaring temperatures around the globe.

The report’s authors say coastal cities from Dubai to Iran’s Bandar Abbas could experience summer days that surpass the “human habitability” limit, with heat and humidity so high that even the healthiest people could not withstand more than a few hours outdoors.

So if this ends up not happening will they finally admit climate change is a hoax? Or will they invent some other man made problem to blame their failed predictions on?

i suppose this will be the solution to wiping out muslims lol

... though theyll probably just flood pusified EU some more instead :|

Which part of "by the end of the century" is confusing you children? That's gonna be difficult for me at the age of 135.

I don't really see the highest highs are changing. The overnight lows are what seem to be getting warmer.

I'm pretty sure civilization did not start in the shitty desert area of the Persian Gulf

Let's look at a map

54drfl.jpg

So yea, you see that part that says "desert" and all that below it, yea don't build stupid fucking cities there.

Last edited:
that's exactly what my wife said - then I meant to check the data from some of our smaller towns that haven't grown much in 50 years. I forgot to ever do it though

back to my ~studies~

Back