Downranking

Wasn't there also something about the physical engine limitations in regards to flying mounts in Azeroth?

? And this is different than diving bombing level 60's in Hellfire? Or rolling up into Redridge and taking out the guards?

I don't really see it as a massive redesign. There would need to be aerial guards and defenses, like Outland, but what else would you need to rebuild? Seriously? Questing? None of the quests in Azeroth are designed for level 70 anyway, so who cares? Farming? So what - it's only slightly different than riding around on your epic to farm.

Instances? Well, I guess places like STK and Strat are open-air, but so is Hellfire citadel. Slight changes to the "outside" geometry and you'd be fine. I just fail to see how it would be a massive change, but, then again, I'm not a Blizz developer.

They'd have to redesign Org, SW, SMC, and UC due to the way the cities are rendered and the fact that you could easily get into the flat, empty zone encompassing those cities. This is the biggest reason and would take quite some time to complete.

Undeveloped zones would become an accessible eyesore.

Flying out over fatigue water to the edge of the world (though they'd just have to add an invisible wall like they did for Outlands and I assume Northrend).

They never said they weren't going to do it, just that they are busy with new content.

Also,
anguish_rew_06.jpg

The IBS returns!

Downranking is what makes things more interesting once you have hit the last level in the game, with WotLK the extra abilities everyone has might make it better.

Just think of all the missing and halfway finished models around the old world that you can't see from the ground. They would literally have to redesign every single area. If you're really curious go to one of those private servers that let you float around everywhere and see how much is really missing.

This.

Most of what you see in original azeroth is just facaded shit etc to spare time and fps.

take a gander behind the greymane wall into gilneas

its big, brown, and fucking empty

theres SO MUCH they could do with it, yet they dont

i hope they make it like a 24/7 level 80+ constant pvp warzone

thatd be sick

living bomb is pretty cool in its current form but I don't see any pvp mage going that far down the fire tree

it's a decent dot for pve although you can't pick up as many cool frost talents

Wasn't there also something about the physical engine limitations in regards to flying mounts in Azeroth?

yea there are invisible walls and modeling cheats all over azeroth that would prohibit flying without extensive reconstruction.

take a gander behind the greymane wall into gilneas

its big, brown, and fucking empty

theres SO MUCH they could do with it, yet they dont

i hope they make it like a 24/7 level 80+ constant pvp warzone

thatd be sick

Wouldn't work.

Gilneas was/is pretty peaceful. That is, unless the Worgen have invaded.

We'll see in the South Seas expansion. ;)

It seems more of a fix for the rank 1 spamming instead of downranking nerf. Stacking spell debuffs or hoping for stuns/snares for no mana.

For raid priests, you'll probably just want to get Serendipity Rank 3
If your Greater Heal or Flash Heal spells overheal the target for greater than 50%, you are instantly refunded 60% of the spell's mana cost.

Atleast then you can go back to spamming if you want to.

It seems more of a fix for the rank 1 spamming instead of downranking nerf. Stacking spell debuffs or hoping for stuns/snares for no mana.

For raid priests, you'll probably just want to get Serendipity Rank 3
If your Greater Heal or Flash Heal spells overheal the target for greater than 50%, you are instantly refunded 60% of the spell's mana cost.

Atleast then you can go back to spamming if you want to.

which is why its a mage nerf

Keep whining because I'm sure they pull the ultimate coup and just eliminate downranking altogether. Every time you get a new spell it automatically sets to that and you wouldn't be able to select the previous rank(s). Honestly this was a problem back when people would be mana-frugal by boning up on +healing and casting lower rank spells which did the job just as well as the higher ranks and blizzard "fixed" that by making +healing contribute less to lower ranking spells. And here people are attempting to do the same shit again, so it stands to reason eventually they'll feel the only way to fix it is to eliminate it altogether.

Back