Dog got sprayed in the face by a skunk

yeah I have smelled it around my house a few times. I thought to myself "Yeah the dog is gonna find that.."

We had a big dumb retriever on the farm. He'd get sprayed every fucking night at certain times of year. He also loved getting sprayed down with the hose. You see the dilemma.

spraying a dog with a hose does NOT remove the scent whatsoever. Not even regular shampoo does it.

Bruh. The exact same thing happened to my ex and I's dog. It had a doggie door to go outside to go to the bathroom. No possible way for anything to get into that area from the outside of it so I assume the skunk was on the other side of the fence and shot my dog while I was out playing pool. Gf calls me freaking out cuz the dog ran back into the house through the doggie door and the whole house was fucked. Had to wash everything with peroxide and it was probably one of the most annoying cleanups ever.

I know a lot of people said use tomato sauce but what really worked was hydrogen peroxide, Dawn dish soap, and baking soda. Had to do that twice and two different bass but it finally got it all out

Good to know. Sorry your dog had to go through that. I hope you shot every skunk within a 1/4mi radius of you.

what really worked was hydrogen peroxide, Dawn dish soap, and baking soda. Had to do that twice and two different bass but it finally got it all out

Do not recommend

Good to know. We have feral kittehs around and Luna has taken to chasing them.
It's a hard habit to break, and she's going camping with us this summer.
It's not a stretch to think she'd chase a skunk.

:scared:

skunks running around are a better indicator of spring than that stupid groundhog

lots of dead skunks on the road = spring is here

Bruh. The exact same thing happened to my ex and I's dog. It had a doggie door to go outside to go to the bathroom. No possible way for anything to get into that area from the outside of it so I assume the skunk was on the other side of the fence and shot my dog while I was out playing pool. Gf calls me freaking out cuz the dog ran back into the house through the doggie door and the whole house was fucked. Had to wash everything with peroxide and it was probably one of the most annoying cleanups ever.

Bruh

Back