Do you feel grown up?

Jagonath

Veteran X
This is mainly addressed to people over 18. Do you feel like an adult or like a "man"? At what point did you look at yourself and say "I'm a full grown adult now."

I only ask because I'm 28 and don't feel grown up at all :shrug:

I think there's no such thing. I've met 16 year olds more fucking mature than 40 year olds and vice versa. Maturity just seems to be a bullshit term "adults" use when they don't want kids/teenagers to do something, or how they justify how to act.
All that matters is that you know when to be serious, and when you can joke around.
That's real maturity imo.

Occasionally, I'll take a moment of deep introspection and realize holy fuck, I'm 22.

I definitely do not feel 22. I still like I'm fucking 16 or thereabouts, just a little bit more wisened.

I feel like a small girl most of the time.

edit: In all honesty, I've always felt like I was way older than I am. I feel like a man in his 30s in nearly all aspects of my life (except intelligence and worldly knowledge, I'm mainly referring to demeanor and social interactions). I'm 21 btw. I've always felt like 10 years older.

Every minute I spend reading these forums, I feel more and more like an adult.

I pride myself on being old at heart. Maturity is a beautiful thing.

edit: In all honesty, I've always felt like I was way older than I am. I feel like a man in his 30s in nearly all aspects of my life (except intelligence and worldly knowledge, I'm mainly referring to demeanor and social interactions). I'm 21 btw. I've always felt like 10 years older.

Every minute I spend reading these forums, I feel more and more like an adult.

I pride myself on being old at heart. Maturity is a beautiful thing.

You are both delusional.

What kind of moron are you to ask this here? That's like asking retarded children if they think they're super heroes.

TribalWar: A Study in Disappointment

i think when you start earning your own living and providing for yourself completely, you've reached that status. that lack of a plausible safety net really gives "adulthood" its weight

Usually I post some drivel to make me look better in these threads.

This time I'm not even going to take the emo route.

Fuck I'm goddamn tired.

Back