depech mode

Probably my favorite Depeche Mode Song is "But Not Tonight." It's pretty emo though if you really listen to it, I like it thought. :hrm:

There is a decent Scott Weiland cover too, but that one manages to sound sadder and more depressing. The Weiland cover is good winter music if you like being depressed when it's cold and shitty outside.

I have nearly every album, only speak&spell, construction time again and black celebration are missing. I really love most of them, especially Music For The Masses and Ultra. And:

27248232.jpg

I'm going to their concert in March!

You can get their best of/compilation double CDs for relatively cheap and get every song listed here. There is also a tribute album For The Masses which is honestly awesome. I've seen them in concert twice, one of the few bands with several CDS worthy of infinite play looped on infinite repeat.

Some of the early stuff is really brilliant, even if some synth effects have been hampered by time. Especially Love In Itself rocks until 3:38 when there's a really off-kilter synth solo which sounds terrible. But Get The Balance Right, Everything Counts, A Question Of Lust, Stripped... unbeatable.

I've seen them in concert three times, including once in December on their last tour.

Excellent stage show. Fantastic energy. I like 'Stripped', though they didn't play it during the last show. 'Personal Jesus' is always fun to see live. Their new album is very good.

I got to see them in concert once, with Thomas Dolby opening. Awesome show. :D

Fav song has to be To Have and to Hold. But really, I love the whole freakin catalogue...

Easily my favorite group of all time.

One of these days I will have the balls to post a picture of mine from the 80's...where I have the whole Depeche Mode hair...leather studded belts (yes plural)...creepers...tapered pants circa '89 (a few TW'ers who have been to my house have seen it...but I won't let it out of my hands).

I also have a pic from when I went to the Los Angeles Tower Records signing deal for the album release of Violator. Depeche Mode was there and what was expected to be a few hundred people turned into a riot. (15k plus people if I remember correctly). Anyways...it was a hot summers day in Hollywood...close to 90 degrees...and I am in a black tanktop and black leather pants. :lol:

The 1st pic I may show on TW someday. The 2nd pic gets burried with me...never to be seen. :p:

Last edited:
I've come to like Alan Wilder's and Martin Gore's solo projects better than DM over the years. Recoil's "Liquid" (2000) is on a short list of albums I think breaks new ground but is virtually unheard of.

Rilke said:
I've come to like Alan Wilder's and Martin Gore's solo projects better than DM over the years. Recoil's "Liquid" (2000) is on a short list of albums I think breaks new ground but is virtually unheard of.

Kinda funny you mention that. At the latest DM concert the wife and I were talking about Alan Wilder. I told her that I knew he started his own thing but didn't think anything of it. Wife ended up surprising me with a Recoil album for X-mas.

To be honest I still haven't listened to it...but its nice to hear that it is good.

Gore's solo show doesn't compare in energy to Gahan's or DM's (to me). But it was still damn good. (then again I am a fanboy)
I wish Gore would of released a DVD of his solo show like Gahan did. :(

Last edited:
Rilke said:

take route 66

edit: yes I am a fanboy as well!!!
one of my posts had to do with the "everything counts" song! off of the "construction time again" album. The last song on that album is good as well!!!

Last edited:
Back