*delete* feature for TW account?

Status
Not open for further replies.
DruMAX said:
I see people saying this, I have been here for some time and I remember TW ALWAYS being a flaming troll fest...early on it had a reputation for being this...there is less tribes talk these days without doubt but posters here have ALWAYS been flamers and abrasive...what TW were you reading.

this is true, that is the main reason i never registered here and hungout at twl, i simply couldnt understand how a forum associated w the game could allow things like racism etc....

now im prettymuch dont feel the need to be an eCrusader for black people (but i do make comments here and there)

Pagy said:
i cant recall any ingame drama in which i was punished.

I stopped playing on 5150 servers once heaven/hell came around. When i was on a 5150 server before it was rare because i pinged better on wayside and other servers, i never played there much outside of matches. i would shut up and play the way i was told to play because i understood the rules.

I was banned at some point for comments i've made regarding 5150 members in a 5150 thread much like the ones you see here today. Being banned for comments i made in tw made me laugh and was really the catalyst for my contempt. Either way, i hadn't visitied 5150 servers for months maybe even years when i was banned.

I don't really have a schedule showing how much i've played there. When i did play there, there were encounters with admins that i saw other players have that made me avoid them. I didn't want to deal with that sort of shit so i didn't go there very much.

I wasn't a victim more than i was an observer.
I can't recall tribes 2 but again i played on cheater's server and if i wasn't banned from 5150 by then, i still would not have gone there. I have friends too that have had runin's with 5150 admins so i never had a reason to doubt my original opinion.

In a way i am saying "I never go to your servers because it's known for admin abuse" but the difference is that it's known to me because i saw it.

I was kicked 100x more from heaven/hell than any 5150 server and yet i still played there. It's not about being kicked, its about why.

You want to know the truth? I've been on this team before we hosted any servers. I don't believe at any point, you were ever banned from our servers. Secondly, it sounds very much like you were witnessing hearsay as opposed to actual events. How could you come in here knocking us being an "observer" and knowing most of which you observed came from these boards? You claim there were encounters yet you never spoke up other than to simply throw flame on the fire on these forums, never citing any example of what you witnessed to back up any of your criticisms. I just find that astounding. At least you're old school and have been through some of the heated flame threads regarding matches, servers, and ladders. There's many new people on these boards who do the exact same thing as you without having any clue as to what's going on. It's encouraged here and why most people that were somewhat intelligent and who played Tribes competitively have gone. There's nothing wrong with that, it's what Rayn and most of you guys wanted since Tribes really died out after T1 died.

Trusk|llz said:
this is true, that is the main reason i never registered here and hungout at twl, i simply couldnt understand how a forum associated w the game could allow things like racism etc....

now im prettymuch dont feel the need to be an eCrusader for black people (but i do make comments here and there)

:lol: man, same here...ask gigafool who it was who followed him around bitching about his racist shit...then I just got over it and realized its a grab bag of trolls and cool peeps, you cant have one without the other...

I didnt post here at first because it was a flame pit with people who seemed to say little but nigger or attack people for nothing...after awhile I realized you ignore these people and respond to the ones that are saying something...its always been this way...still is...

Last edited:
AdreNaLiNe said:
I think you would be lying the most if you are the one here stating none of these people are your friends, and that your reason for hosting Tribalwar is that of pure altruism.
The only reason I continue to work on Tribalwar is due to loyalty to those who supported us in the past. I barely know the majority of the people here and consider them acquaintences at best. The site is constantly a headache, but I know its important to some people and so I keep going.

AdreNaLiNe said:
By the way, Rayn, should my family go to a restaurant and have a disagreement with the owner/manager there in regards to anything, my whole family would not go to that restaurant again.
This is not a family website.

TW used to be very abrasive, sure. There were many arguments regarding server rules, cheats in matches, and spamming of the word "nigger." It, however, was never one to make fun of people's dying father, for example. TW has changed over the years. What was once related to game flaming has gone a whole new direction. People were disgusted and left.

Now it's riddled with LOL AIRSOFT LOL quotes, and a bunch of other TW-invented cliches coupled with trying to be e-cool by creating new ways to flame each other, to insult each other's family, to intentionally try to make people cry, or cut themselves, or kill themselves, or sand paper their monitors. The flaming of the old, I'll admit, is complete noobness compared to now.

AdreNaLiNe said:
TW used to be very abrasive, sure. There were many arguments regarding server rules, cheats in matches, and spamming of the word "nigger." It, however, was never one to make fun of people's dying father, for example. TW has changed over the years. What was once related to game flaming has gone a whole new direction. People were disgusted and left.

Now it's riddled with LOL AIRSOFT LOL quotes, and a bunch of other TW-invented cliches coupled with trying to be e-cool by creating new ways to flame each other, to insult each other's family, to intentionally try to make people cry, or cut themselves, or kill themselves, or sand paper their monitors. The flaming of the old, I'll admit, is complete noobness compared to now.

So they flame and troll about different things than tribes...its still flaming and trolling...no different than when I first posted here...just less tribes...which I do miss very much. My first impression when I read this forum was there was no limit to what people would post...that hasnt changed IMO.

Rayn said:
The only reason I continue to work on Tribalwar is due to loyalty to those who supported us in the past. I barely know the majority of the people here and consider them acquaintences at best. The site is constantly a headache, but I know its important to some people and so I keep going.

This is not a family website.
I merely compared it to your McDonald's analogy. :)

You claim to serve those who supported you in the past. You claim to hold loyalty with the old school Tribes community, but your actions do not represent your claims. They are very far from it. Your continued servitude, which gives you headaches, towards new people who never even touched a game, who keeps registering in order to prove they, too, can flame with the best of Tsunami, do not reflect your claims as well. As much as you dislike Dread for this "taking his ball and going home" idea, you fail to realize that you constantly are bringing in new people to play on the court that was built by the people who are now gone.

AdreNaLiNe said:
You want to know the truth? I've been on this team before we hosted any servers. I don't believe at any point, you were ever banned from our servers. Secondly, it sounds very much like you were witnessing hearsay as opposed to actual events. How could you come in here knocking us being an "observer" and knowing most of which you observed came from these boards? You claim there were encounters yet you never spoke up other than to simply throw flame on the fire on these forums, never citing any example of what you witnessed to back up any of your criticisms. I just find that astounding. At least you're old school and have been through some of the heated flame threads regarding matches, servers, and ladders. There's many new people on these boards who do the exact same thing as you without having any clue as to what's going on. It's encouraged here and why most people that were somewhat intelligent and who played Tribes competitively have gone. There's nothing wrong with that, it's what Rayn and most of you guys wanted since Tribes really died out after T1 died.
no you can trust me, i was banned.

reddread claimed on many occaisions afterwards he would ban me from any server in any game they would ever host, including a t:v server when that game was anticipated.

when i was told i was banned, i checked and i was. Every match we had we had to avoid 5150, at one point very late in tribes i had a match there and tried to get unbanned for one match and was by slam. he's a cool dude. Anyhow i was banned shortly thereafter once someone realized it, which is fine because again, i never played there.

It isn't all based on hearsay... it isn't hearsay when im playing on the server, and an admin starts kicking players for accidental tks, spamming... suspected cheating, trash talking, random personal distaste, having an admin bark orders at everyone and kick players if the team started losing... i was there. If you want me to start listing names and situations i saw 5 years ago while playing a video game you just aren't going to get them. Im sorry i dont have names and dates for you. I did participate in threads over the things i saw, and one time i was banned for making a post here for it. I know i was because when i asked why i was banned i was referred to my comments on tw.

AdreNaLiNe said:
I merely compared it to your McDonald's analogy. :)

You claim to serve those who supported you in the past. You claim to hold loyalty with the old school Tribes community, but your actions do not represent your claims. They are very far from it. Your continued servitude, which gives you headaches, towards new people who never even touched a game, who keeps registering in order to prove they, too, can flame with the best of Tsunami, do not reflect your claims as well. As much as you dislike Dread for this "taking his ball and going home" idea, you fail to realize that you constantly are bringing in new people to play on the court that was built by the people who are now gone.

they arent gone...I am a tribes vet from day one as many here are and we are still around...5150 wasnt the tribes community. I see people here I used to play with in year one still on an almost daily basis.

Last edited:
Vlasic said:
Fixed

I tried to keep things consistant.

It was also 2 admins

Let's see:
Smaqaho
biscuit
Arckanum

And one or two more I can't remember right now

I also had a policy that people could not touch a thread when the topic involved their own team, otherwise I would re-open the thread.

You mean unless the thread involved Aurora?

Funny thing is no real flame threads were locked (especially the cheating ones) unless it was Rapture-involved, in which case Arckanum usually did the honors.

If that makes you feel better about the site then don't let the door hit you, but its always been this way. Cyanide was wishing death on people's kids in year one at the same time Gon was making marquees of poop scroll across the screen. You take this shit way too seriously and could probably benefit from a reality check by leaving, but I have a feeling you're just in love with the sound of your typing.

AdreNaLiNe said:
Pagy, were you ever a victim of our admin abuse? And honestly, how long have you played in our servers throughout the years. Even if it were for a stint in T1 before you can claim "I never go to your servers because it's known for admin abuse."

I played quite a bit and never had a single problem. I've also never had a problem with any 5150 on the forum but this is 3rd grade sandbox drama. Rayn had it spot on. To be involved here requires effort. To "disconnect" merely requires that you do nothing.

Pagy said:
when i was told i was banned, i checked and i was. Every match we had we had to avoid 5150, at one point very late in tribes i had a match there and tried to get unbanned for one match and was by slam. he's a cool dude.
funny you say that.. my personal "run-ins" have been with slam.

Pagy said:
no you can trust me, i was banned.

reddread claimed on many occaisions afterwards he would ban me from any server in any game they would ever host, including a t:v server when that game was anticipated.

when i was told i was banned, i checked and i was. Every match we had we had to avoid 5150, at one point very late in tribes i had a match there and tried to get unbanned for one match and was by slam. he's a cool dude. Anyhow i was banned shortly thereafter once someone realized it, which is fine because again, i never played there.

It isn't all based on hearsay... it isn't hearsay when im playing on the server, and an admin starts kicking players for accidental tks, spamming... suspected cheating, trash talking, random personal distaste, having an admin bark orders at everyone and kick players if the team started losing... i was there. If you want me to start listing names and situations i saw 5 years ago while playing a video game you just aren't going to get them. Im sorry i dont have names and dates for you. I did participate in threads over the things i saw, and one time i was banned for making a post here for it. I know i was because when i asked why i was banned i was referred to my comments on tw.

This is far from the truth. I used to play very heavily on our servers for T1 and T2. Accidental TK banning is a VERY VERY minimum, and usually a miscommunication. Accidental TK might have occasionally gotten a kick. I was the heavy handed admin for T1/T2. No one else besides maybe ReaListik ever admin'ed like I did. Trash talking was never banned/kicked for. Random personal distaste is simply a complete lie. AND, we never suspected anyone for cheating in both T1 or T2. Those were later on revelead thanks to Fraggle and the other dedicated members of this community. If teams started losing, I would at most kick those who were not participating in COMPETITION Tribes. Even public games on our servers resembled that somewhat of scrims. People who constantly O sniped would be removed. If you were banned by making a post here, then I would have to disagree with that ban, though I probably would have done it myself in the past.

Again, what it boils down to is a disagreement of your gaming philosophy and our gaming philosophy. If that's the case, you're more than welcome to disagree. Calling us out for admin abuse when we asked people to play by the policies of our servers is simply wrong? I can understand you saying "Hey guys, I disagree with 5150's rules. I don't like that they admin it this way, and if you don't, you shouldn't play there." Instead, you came in here calling us nazis for regulating our policy, and claimed admin abuse. Then throughout the years, rather than patronizing our servers, you simply stood on the sidelines, observed flame threads started by the same individuals, and simply jumped in to quench your thirst. The least you can do is admit to flaming for your own entertainment.

AdreNaLiNe said:

The quality posting comes and goes, people had the same complaints about nido, Gon, gigafool, and Bounty among others.

Look at how people drove sofshadow to the edge in 01 as well as mocking Bosh. How about BuGs in 00? Simply put, there has always been flaming, people being assholes to each other, and cliques. Why? Because the internet is a place to relax and laugh at the short-comings of others.

The only difference is now there isn't game related drama to offset the other sorts of flames and drama, and when there is.. the targeted whine and cry about how cruel TW is and how it isn't what they remember. Then they go on about how TW sucks now and they want their account deleted when all they really have to do is just close the page and never return if it is that bad.

Durak said:
Let's see:
Smaqaho
biscuit
Arckanum

And one or two more I can't remember right now

You mean unless the thread involved Aurora?

Funny thing is no real flame threads were locked (especially the cheating ones) unless it was Rapture-involved, in which case Arckanum usually did the honors.
You're full of shit. I'll leave it at that.

AdreNaLiNe said:

How i miss those days. You have to remember though, colosus took over tdub in rayn's absence, and he had 'plans' (i.e. extortion).

you cannot blame tdub's demise on rayn at all. he's doing the best he can to make things somewhat better. you want to blame someone, blame colosus and yogi.

in regards to the threads, 'e-coolness' and disrepect this place has now become about, your 100% correct and i agree with you in every way possible.

it's a shame, because i remember when this board was filled with tribes related threads that covered about 95% on the front page.

i've come to the realization that tdub may change eventually, but it will never be what it was. I know we are now seeing the 12-16 yr olds of then, that used to play, who are now e-thug 16-20 yr old punks, talking lots of shit.

w/e i guess. it's just a shame to see people grow dumber instead of wiser in the past few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back