*delete* feature for TW account?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pagy said:
it doesn't feel like your community because many players acted above the community.

Saying things like "there were very intelligent" and "cesspool of individuals" doesn't make you a likable figure. Maybe you never learned how to deal with human beings and thats why you're so great at video games! Quick, don't forget to mention you had a millionaire to host servers from work! what a hero!

In truth, many people outlined their issues, and the experiences they have with a select few of your in game server admins. When your admins kick players for silly reasons or egotistical reasons, you don't garner respect. Kicking someone because they ran to a vehicle first isn't a sign that you care about the server or about the player in the tank... or anyone on your team.

If you feel separated from the community it's because there are a select few of your that separated you from us with their behaviour. Your team's refusal to govern their admins (sorta like pj) doesn't server to helf the situation either. Hissyfit drama queen threads like this is yet another sign that there are a select few of you that act above everyone.

shadow13 and others have already said it. There were many great teams that don't have your rep. Your rep now is what some of you made it to be, and what others made with doing nothing to stop the ingame events that we all seem to have experience with. When you react like this, running home with your arms crossed, it leads to drama like this... because in truth many people have nothing better to do than to laugh at you.

I think perhaps this is the first time I've ever read an intelligent post from you consisting of some content, so I will gladly return the favor. First of all, there were many top teams, and if you can recall, S3 was one of those teams with a very poor reputation. NuTz were another team. Any team that has any sort of server hosting in T1 has both a black and white reputation. IE, and R&G, never really provided server hosting beyond the span of a few months in T1. They have sparkling reputations and deserve it. Their players draw a great deal of respect, including from me.

Our team is far different. Our reputation, as you put it, is in the gutter particularly due to server hosting. I am not sure if you've ever hosted a game server, but I'll venture to say you have not. If this is wrong, I apologize.

Because of server hosting, you have many facets of gamers that you must tend to. On a scale of 1 to 10, there are 10 different types of gamers, 1 being the most casual, and 10 being the most hardcore. While we try to invoke gameplay that resembles those of the hardcore gamer, in between lies 9 other types of gamers that we must also cater to, particularly because both extremes offer the least amount of players. In order to maintain a fulfilling server for many parties involved, particularly those from say, 6-9, we had to reside in many of these flame threads for many hours. Gamer 6 was banned for the same reason that gamer 9 would not have done in the server, and vice versa.

Sure, there were many times in which our arrogances got the best of us. This happened many times with me and thus, a comic was presented in my honor. We felt we needed to dictate a style of play that wasn't always agreeable for some, but that was agreeable for most. We attempted to reconcile many differences, and many hours were lost between the likes of Smokingman, sLaM, and myself. The reason why it has come to this kind of flaming is because this is what TW enjoys. Sometimes, your environment is what dictate your actions, though I am not saying that that is a good thing either. This type of flaming exists with or without our PR man trying to contain the forest fire. Because of this, many of us have given up. What Vir has said can be some of the most despicable things said by a server admin regarding server administration. I concur with that but I also know this is not how he acts on the server or on other sites.

As for asking my account to be deleted, that is purely up to Rayn. I mostly read the forums anyway. I am merely showing my public support to a friend, and teammate, over many years. Many leaders have been on this team and we've not yet been led astray. I don't necessarily agree with Red's actions, but I support him nonetheless.

hardluck said:
I still don't understand what the stink is about. I'm sure there are plenty of bf2 forums for you all to join. And the same problems are going to follow you around wherever you all call home. I am smart enough to not bother telling TW publically that I have no desire to visit here anymore and wish my account deleted.

Exactly. It's just a cry for attention to ask rayn how to delete your account with a public thread vs a PM. He obviously wanted attention and thinks a little too highly of himself because of a game that is now long dead.

Pagy said:
right everyone is lying
Pagy, were you ever a victim of our admin abuse? And honestly, how long have you played in our servers throughout the years. Even if it were for a stint in T1 before you can claim "I never go to your servers because it's known for admin abuse."

I found it funny reading Adren's long post, and then seeing a post about double cheeseburgers immediately afterward.

Also, I got my admin from Slam pretty much after I tk'd him. :D

Rayn said:
No, they have real friends.
Yes, I do consider members of 5150 to be my real friends. I treat them with the respect I would give to my friends. I think you would be lying the most if you are the one here stating none of these people are your friends, and that your reason for hosting Tribalwar is that of pure altruism.

I think what's needed to be said has been said, this whole thing is rediculous and ironic on more than a few levels, but doesn't really need to be continued any longer.

orbital 123 said:
Exactly. It's just a cry for attention to ask rayn how to delete your account with a public thread vs a PM. He obviously wanted attention and thinks a little too highly of himself because of a game that is now long dead.
Pretty much. It's dread's way of saying "Hey go fuck yourself" maybe? I don't know what his intentions are.

By the way, Rayn, should my family go to a restaurant and have a disagreement with the owner/manager there in regards to anything, my whole family would not go to that restaurant again.

I was never a top ranked player or on a top ranked team...when we played 5150 or IE they just ran us over. I helped host (and admin) servers for pretty much the life of T1 and T2 and have played on 5150 servers rarely. although I never had any problem with the team, I always thought they came off as a bunch of arrogant players who took themselves far to seriously...I thought I took gaming seriously by hosting a server (friendly team server with the same players on most nights), helping lead a team, practicing, hosting a website, etc...and I did let players, teams, and my teams record get to me here and there and then I would come here and see some 5150 guy mouthing off or the long bickering threads between people who thought they were elite in a video game, the cheats, etc... and I felt a little better about being in a team that wasnt on top and never would because I realized my team members had lives and the game wasnt everything to them...they played it for fun and showed respect to all players.

In other words...get over yourselves...its a video game and its not that important. Just have fun with it, treat people with respect who show respect and dont worry about the trolls who need to start threads bashing you...and dont think its so important that announcements must be made when you are leaving a forum for good...

Just a bit of shit from a guy who was never that great at the game...who seldom played on a 5150 server and still had some great games...which is why I dont see the problem with them being gone...I and many many other players played for many years never NEEDING 5150 and the servers they provided...we provided our own and they were often very full, active and fun.

Last edited:
orbital 123 said:
Exactly. It's just a cry for attention to ask rayn how to delete your account with a public thread vs a PM.

Sad to say, but this makes too much sense to dismiss.

TW has become more like F4$ in the past year or two (sans money...and rayn isn't a fag like daspin).

That said this is still dramallamadingdong

Falhawk said:
TW has become more like F4$ in the past year or two (sans money...and rayn isn't a fag like daspin).

That said this is still dramallamadingdong

I see people saying this, I have been here for some time and I remember TW ALWAYS being a flaming troll fest...early on it had a reputation for being this...there is less tribes talk these days without doubt but posters here have ALWAYS been flamers and abrasive...what TW were you reading.

AdreNaLiNe said:
Pagy, were you ever a victim of our admin abuse? And honestly, how long have you played in our servers throughout the years. Even if it were for a stint in T1 before you can claim "I never go to your servers because it's known for admin abuse."
i cant recall any ingame drama in which i was punished.

I stopped playing on 5150 servers once heaven/hell came around. When i was on a 5150 server before it was rare because i pinged better on wayside and other servers, i never played there much outside of matches. i would shut up and play the way i was told to play because i understood the rules.

I was banned at some point for comments i've made regarding 5150 members in a 5150 thread much like the ones you see here today. Being banned for comments i made in tw made me laugh and was really the catalyst for my contempt. Either way, i hadn't visitied 5150 servers for months maybe even years when i was banned.

I don't really have a schedule showing how much i've played there. When i did play there, there were encounters with admins that i saw other players have that made me avoid them. I didn't want to deal with that sort of shit so i didn't go there very much.

I wasn't a victim more than i was an observer.
I can't recall tribes 2 but again i played on cheater's server and if i wasn't banned from 5150 by then, i still would not have gone there. I have friends too that have had runin's with 5150 admins so i never had a reason to doubt my original opinion.

In a way i am saying "I never go to your servers because it's known for admin abuse" but the difference is that it's known to me because i saw it.

I was kicked 100x more from heaven/hell than any 5150 server and yet i still played there. It's not about being kicked, its about why.

AdreNaLiNe said:

Sad things is Pagy prolly hasnt been a victim, he claims 5150 are whiners and etc.. but almost every page of this thread hes seem to be the one whining and bitching and making childish little post regardless Hes just a tool who everyone else seems to ingore cause its meeningless.

Renon said:
Sad things is Pagy prolly hasnt been a victim, he claims 5150 are whiners and etc.. but almost every page of this thread hes seem to be the one whining and bitching and making childish little post regardless Hes just a tool who everyone else seems to ingore cause its meeningless.

:rofl:

AdreNaLiNe said:
Pretty much. It's dread's way of saying "Hey go fuck yourself" maybe? I don't know what his intentions are.

By the way, Rayn, should my family go to a restaurant and have a disagreement with the owner/manager there in regards to anything, my whole family would not go to that restaurant again.

:lol: I'm sorry but they are internet pals not your fucking flesh and blood. I doubt you will even talk to them 10 years from now. Who gives a fuck if they don't like some forum, you don't have to follow what they do unless you can't think for yourself. Also the fact that you irrationally support some e-friend vs looking at things logically is fucking stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back