[DE Razors] Rebuilding my kit.

SpicyMcHaggis

Veteran X
Had to throw out almost all my stuff at the airport, so I'm rebuilding my kit. Just ordered a Parker butterfly (never really got along with my Merkur heavy classic), and a big combo pack of blades. New stand, bowl, super badger brush (an upgrade from my old vulfix, another casualty in "The Great Airport Purge of '12").

Parker 22R Butterfly Twist-to-open Double Edge Safety Razor
rz-par-22r.jpg

Edwin Jagger Super Badger Shaving Brush, Small, Imitation Ebony
9ej286.jpg

Proraso Pre & Post Cream, Green Tea & Oat, 100ml (ratings said don't use as post)
ps-pro-002.jpg

Proraso Shaving Cream, Sandalwood, 150ml (the menthol was my trusty backup)
sc-pro-008.jpg

Captain's Choice Bay Rum Aftershave
as-cap-001_2.jpg

OP-CON-159.jpg

OP-CON-152.jpg

DE Blade Sampler Pack, Everything
rb-sam-002.jpg

Merkur Super Platinum (10 blades)
Feather New Hi-Stainless Platinum (10 blades)
Crystal or "Israeli" (10 blades)
Derby Extra (5 blades)
Wilkinson Sword (5 blades)
Gillette 7 O'Clock SharpEdge (5 blades)
Astra Superior Platinum (5 blades)
BIC Chrome Platinum (5 blades)
DORCO Platinum ST-300 (10 blades)
DORCO Platinum ST-301 (10 blades)
Red Pack Israeli (5blades)
Lord Platinum (5 blades)
Sharp (5 blades)
Shark Super Chrome (5 blades)
Shark Super Stainless (5 blades)
Nacet Platinum (5 blades)
Super-Max Stainless (10 blades)

Thoughts...?

Edit: w/ pics

Last edited:
I'm going to form a shitwiping group, where we discuss seating positions, and which offers the best biomechanical advantage for a pleasurable defecation. After that, we'll move into different plys of paper, and how to select a wiping paper based on the last 12 hours of diet. Finally, we'll have spirited debate over bidet pressures and different formulations of taint ointments. It's going to be the most hipsterish and elitest discussion of how to get the shit off your ass the web has ever seen.

Why do you have to replace everything? Surely just dumping the blades would have been sufficient at the airport.

Also, to everyone bashing it you do get a nicer shave. If you're prone to in grown hairs a single blade is far superior, but most importantly I get 2 years worth of blades for the same price as 2 months worth of mach 3 cartridges.

DE razors have returned thanks to faggoty hipster faggots, but the truth is they're very good. Indestructible, cheap, and they don't create heaps of garbage. Sure you have to spend $30 to start (you don't have to buy 'Super Badger' brushes or silver mixing cups - I use a cheap plastic cup for my shaving cream), but my fucking Schick triple blade cartridges cost $20 for three. DE razor blades cost like $0.04 or something. I'm pretty sure I made my money back within a month, and the waste is minimal - a few small pieces of steel to recycle.

Closer shave if you're a wire-whiskered fur mammal, with less razor burn once you figure out not to press at all.

Back