[Cycling]New Road bike

SpidershocK

Veteran X
Got a new road bike :D. Bianchi - VIA NIRONE 7 Alu Carbon 105

bianchibike.jpg

I've done heavy amount of mountain / trail riding but not much road cycling at all so this will be interesting. A bunch of guys i know road bike and feel that i'll have a pretty low endurance since they say mountain biking isnt as endurance intensive, not sure how true that is.

I know a bunch of people here road bike not sure if anyone does it competitively - if so any one got pointers as my goal is to do a few local competitions and hopefully some out of area endurance races?

Get a racing license, hang out in bike shops, don't ask TW for advice.

Those 3 things right there will get you far.

im looking to get a road bike, is there anything with a more upright position though?
there are plenty of bikes with more "casual" geometry but if you're going to have a road bike, I don't know why you'd want to be in a less efficient position. It gets to the point where it's more comfortable stretched out and aggressive, plus your pedaling is more efficient so it's less tiring.

every time I see a group of the spandex wearing faggots riding side by side in my fucking lane for my fucking car I am so tempted to run them over

ride fucking single file and stay the FUCK out of the lanes where cars drive, you're not Lance Armstrong, you are not in the fucking tour de France you fucking faggoty faggots

Im not sure a 4 lane highway would still be big enough for your head... i dont think you have any say in how much road a person can use.

I need to win a 20k lottery

That way I can buy a few top of the line bikes and stop lusting.

Get a racing license, hang out in bike shops, don't ask TW for advice.

Those 3 things right there will get you far.

Im not one for socializing... so ill probaby skip out on the hanging out. I ride solo a ton on the trails and have done okay thus far in competitions. I do have one friend who is a trainer and has been helping me along and he use to do race comps so its cool.

(holy crap i need to go back english class)

every time I see a group of the spandex wearing faggots riding side by side in my fucking lane for my fucking car I am so tempted to run them over

ride fucking single file and stay the FUCK out of the lanes where cars drive, you're not Lance Armstrong, you are not in the fucking tour de France you fucking faggoty faggots
Yes I am Lance Armstrong, and I am in le tour.

Suck it.

If you've ridden your mt. bike over solid distances and kept your rpms up and consistent then your endurance will be just fine. Road bikers might be thinking that since you're used to moving at slower speeds that you'll have issues keeping up which isn't true. You'll probably surprise them actually considering you'll have lower rolling resistance and a lighter bike overall.

yea if you Mt bike getting on a road bike is like doing some magic float like a feather shit. its cool how fast you can go on a nice road bike.

Biking in citys is fucked tho. I know or have run into so many people who were left for dead when they got clipped by a car. granted alot of them are fucking retarded and think they need to ride the left line but still no one should be left for dead like that and it happens a lot.

Yeah thats my major concern... atleast in the trails its nothing more then a tree or a rock or loose dirt that could get you and all that can be negotiated if you just watch the trail in front of you.

Back