Cyber Monday

Lord Elessar

or something
Veteran XX
Enjoy shopping on your phone instead of working!

Use the TW Amazon link.

Virginia ABC 15% off online orders over $75.

Last edited:
Not buying anything, but I did go to the bank (BoA) this morning to get $200 out of the ATM, and it gave me 4 $50s instead of $20s. That's nice because I don't have to look at Harriet Tubman's face. I was searching for that thread, happened back in April, can't find it.

Cliff notes: ATM Machines now dispense $50 bills.

any good hard drive deals? looking for one or two reliable internal 5 to 8 tb 7200 rpm drives.

I want to get rid of the several 1 and 1.5 tb drives I have, probably will just use them in a hot swap thing of some sort for backup.

Not buying anything, but I did go to the bank (BoA) this morning to get $200 out of the ATM, and it gave me 4 $50s instead of $20s. That's nice because I don't have to look at Harriet Tubman's face. I was searching for that thread, happened back in April, can't find it.

Cliff notes: ATM Machines now dispense $50 bills.
They've been doing this for a year now. Duhh

sent from *magic device* using Tapatalk

any good hard drive deals? looking for one or two reliable internal 5 to 8 tb 7200 rpm drives.

I want to get rid of the several 1 and 1.5 tb drives I have, probably will just use them in a hot swap thing of some sort for backup.

Don't know why you would need 7200 rpm large capacity drives, you want a 1tb SSD to put your programs on and a large mechanical drive for storage.

Amazon.com: WD 8TB My Book Desktop External Hard Drive - USB 3.0 - WDBBGB0080HBK-NESN: Computers Accessories

you can shuck the drive and put it inside, 5900 rpm drive though.

Jet.com - Prices Drop As You Shop

think you can use the 15% off code for new account/customers. brings it down to $200

WD bought up Hitachi and these drives use the same tech that Hitachi used for the HGST Deskstar drives.

Last edited:
what the fuck is a mechanical drive

I imagine it looks something like this

mechanical_techno_t.jpg

I don't think that SSDs are "normal" enough yet for us to have to say mechanical for traditional HDDs.

Back