crock pot

rn_image_picker_lib_temp_838b9a6a-c7c2-4618-9830-7ad12d7c2d0f.jpg

The only thing that stops me from getting one is that I don't want another trinket to clutter my kitchen. The big cast iron pot will have to make do as long as I can still lift it.

I started using a crock pot when I was single with a roomie. throw shit in, go to work, come back, eat.

now it's every other month and something different each time.

The only thing that stops me from getting one is that I don't want another trinket to clutter my kitchen. The big cast iron pot will have to make do as long as I can still lift it.
If / when the time comes to change out your cast iron pot, instead of getting a crockpot, get an Instant Pot. Having the built-in pressure cooker is very nice.

If / when the time comes to change out your cast iron pot, instead of getting a crockpot, get an Instant Pot. Having the built-in pressure cooker is very nice.
I have an irrational fear of things under pressure. piotrr changes the oxygen bomb in the soda streamer for us because I'm afraid to. It's silly, I know, but I can't handle it.

Before the instapot became a thing, I would cook roasts and stull in a crock pot. Now, the only thing I use my crock pot for is making dishes like chili and jumbalya.

If you have a cast iron enameled dutch oven, that would take care of anything a crock pot might, with more control. A crock pot is a uni-tasker, and all kitchens should have uni-takers at a minimum. A crock pot is what you have kids make food with so they won't burn the house down.

When I travel and stay in airBnBs, I search the place for crock pots. I put water in them and turn them on low with the lid ajar as a jerry rigged humidifier. Works great.

Back