[cooking with sam]gnocchi with meat sauce and cheese

i had restaurant gnocchi and hated it but i think it was just a bad recipe because i could see the home made kind being really good

i had restaurant gnocchi and hated it but i think it was just a bad recipe because i could see the home made kind being really good

it is pretty much impossible to hate the regular potato gnocchi, I understand hating the more complex types and shit, but the basic one is just unhatable.

Gnocchis are great. My family makes them pretty regularly for holidays. Found out recently we got the recipe from an old italian family that owned a restaurant in downtown seattle in the late 1800s, which explains why they're so yummy :drool:

that is one thing with gnocchi - the texture/flavor seems to vary greatly from restaurant to restaurant. the thing i love about gnocchi is how versatile it is with respect to how many different sauces/toppings go well with it.

I just went to the supermarket to get gnocci and sauce. Yes, I'm cheating and it won't be as good, but I'm lazy right now.

Last time I made gnocchi.. when i had to make it at school. it's pretty under used, but it does take a while to make.. The best part of making it was when you had to roll it over that wooden thingy to make the groves.

Trader Joe's has gnocchi the is ready for boiling, can't remember brand name of it, but it is not a Trader Joe's label. I usually eat a gnocchi based dish 2-3 times a month. Good stuff man!

Gnocchi is definitely some good stuff. I haven't tried it yet with a meat sauce so I will have to give it a shot.

Tonight for me will be a casserole with ground beef + taco seasoning + pasta + cheese. Yums

I only intended to eat half the package but it was so good I ate the rest. Gotta make a big batch and freeze it up sometime.

Back