[Computer] Problem

When I originally bought my computer (I put it all together myself after buying the parts new online) my motherboard went after about a month or so. Got a new one after sending it back, haven't had any problems since.That was approximately a year ago.

About a week ago my computer started acting up. It would turn on just fine, everything would work then out of nowhere it would just turn off immediately with no warning. Then it turned into my screen reading "no video input" followed by my computer shutting down a few seconds later. Now it got to the point where it would often freeze during the windows loading screen, and if it does make it past the loading screen it shuts off as I mentioned before.

Loading it in safe mode does load 100% of the time, but shuts off after a few minutes, followed by not being able to turn it on for a little while after that.

Ideas / help anyone :(

me2
i've got vista security 2010 or 11 on my other computer
cant connect to internet to kill shit, wont let me run MSE or Malwarebytes
no backups to be heard of

what do

Sounds like your power supply is underpowered/dying. Another thing could be that the cpu is overheating. Get a power supply tester or buy a new power supply, preferrably a decent brand that you know will give enough juice to your video card.

Whenever a ccomputer completely shuts off its like 95% one of those two things.

me2
i've got vista security 2010 or 11 on my other computer
cant connect to internet to kill shit, wont let me run MSE or Malwarebytes
no backups to be heard of

what do

rename the malwarebytes installer from a .exe to a .bat. if its already installed, rename the file that runs malwarebytes from .exe to .bat. Then run it.

It's probably somehting that's fucking with your ability to run .exe files.

Sounds like your power supply is underpowered/dying. Another thing could be that the cpu is overheating. Get a power supply tester or buy a new power supply, preferrably a decent brand that you know will give enough juice to your video card.

Whenever a ccomputer completely shuts off its like 95% one of those two things.

Dying would make more sense seeing as the computer ran fine for a year no? My brother has the exact same computer (just bought 2 of everything when I bought mine). Hypothetically if I could just grab his, should I or should I invest in one thats more powerful?

Dying would make more sense seeing as the computer ran fine for a year no? My brother has the exact same computer (just bought 2 of everything when I bought mine). Hypothetically if I could just grab his, should I or should I invest in one thats more powerful?

what kind of shit do you have in it?

Either way, this one will probably work well for your current system and a future build as well:
Newegg.com - Antec TruePower New TP-650 650W Continuous Power ATX12V V2.3 / EPS12V V2.91 SLI Certified CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC "compatible with Core i7/Core i5" Power Supply

rename the malwarebytes installer from a .exe to a .bat. if its already installed, rename the file that runs malwarebytes from .exe to .bat. Then run it.

It's probably somehting that's fucking with your ability to run .exe files.

I tink yew gave sum udder dummy dat advice.

Sigh, THEY never learn. :shrug:

Its something along the lines of
600w silverstone
Radeon HD4870
4 sticks of 1.5ghz ram
Intel Dual Core 1.66
And some EVGA motherboard, don't remember the specific brand

Alrighty, note taken, I live in Canada so I'll get it from some store around here. Thanks for the help man, much appreciated!

Stick with Antec, Corsair, or PC Power & Cooling. Those are the good performers.

As for Ultra power supplies, that link says lifetime warranty, but I wouldn't trust them at all. They've been known for a long time to be a piece of shit brand with piece of shit power supplies that will burn and take the rest of your system with it. They've been actively trying to change that viewpoint the past couple years, but it's still a brand I'd stay away from for a few more years.

Also, 750W is a bit excessive.

Stick with Antec, Corsair, or PC Power & Cooling. Those are the good performers.

As for Ultra power supplies, that link says lifetime warranty, but I wouldn't trust them at all. They've been known for a long time to be a piece of shit brand with piece of shit power supplies that will burn and take the rest of your system with it. They've been actively trying to change that viewpoint the past couple years, but it's still a brand I'd stay away from for a few more years.

Also, 750W is a bit excessive.

Only reason I chose that one (especially the 750w) was because it was cheaper than the 650s and had 5 star rating with 663 votes. I'll take your word for it though. What are your thoughts on Buy the Corsair 650W Enthusiast Series TX650 V2 PSU at TigerDirect.ca

Back