CLOSED BETA Information

i suppose those of us who meta tested tribes 2 have a less than average chance of getting to test another tribes product. ;)

Fidelio said:
i suppose those of us who meta tested tribes 2 have a less than average chance of getting to test another tribes product. ;)

You would be correct. We all know how well you guys did at discovering and reporting bugs. ;)

One thing I can't figure out is. For the past 4 years I have worked software support and done QA for 2 seperate corporations. I have the hardware and knowledge to test software on multiple platforms and get shit done but I have never once been selected for a closed beta. Then I read about 13 year olds that barely know how to turn a PC on beta testing games, wtf is up with that? :)

Last edited:
Doc Holliday said:
One thing I can't figure out is. For the past 4 years I have worked software support and done QA for 2 seperate corporations. I have the hardware and knowledge to test software on multiple platforms and get shit done but I have never once been selected for a closed beta. Then I read about 13 year olds that barely know how to turn a PC on beta testing games, wtf is up with that? :)
They want a wide range of platforms. Chances are you test with a system pretty close to top of the line when it comes to speed, RAM, video card, etc. The 13 year old with his dad's old system running a GF3, 1GHz and 256MB RAM might get picked because his system isn't so hot and the developers want to see how well the game performs on systems that aren't as good as the ones they build the game on.

LouCypher said:
They want a wide range of platforms. Chances are you test with a system pretty close to top of the line when it comes to speed, RAM, video card, etc. The 13 year old with his dad's old system running a GF3, 1GHz and 256MB RAM might get picked because his system isn't so hot and the developers want to see how well the game performs on systems that aren't as good as the ones they build the game on.
You're probably more or less right, but good luck getting anything resembling a decent bug report out of a 13 year old. Also, let's not forget that the NDA requires that you be 18 or older. ;)

I don't see why everyone feels they are entitled to getting closed beta.... it's pretty self absorbed really.. if you want beta THAT bad then fly to TribalWars.... otherwise cope like the rest of us... it's not like they aren't going to have an Open Beta... and it's coming pretty soon...

DwarfVader said:
I'd just like to know why the "closed beta" signup page won't let me sign up.

Cuz they know you're a Master Beta. har har.

Now me, I'm a Cunning Linguist.

Back