cleaning an LCD

So, I guess someone tried to wipe down an LCD I have over here with water or something. Now, there are streak marks, et cetera. Any idea how get rid of them?

use 50/50 water/isopropyl alcohol- thats what those 'LCD cleaner' sprays are.

a microfiber cloth is probably ideal- you dont want to rub the screen or use anything abrasive

DON'T use windex or anything with ammonia as apparently it'll cause the coating over the LCD to cloud up

Groove said:

a microfiber cloth is probably ideal- you dont want to rub the screen or use anything abrasive

DON'T use windex or anything with ammonia as apparently it'll cause the coating over the LCD to cloud up
Just what I was looking for, thanks a lot dude.

What do you mean 'what'? He asked you a question.

You can't answer a question with another question!

crispyambulance said:
What?

Groove, I just tried your suggestion, it worked pretty well. Thanks again.

no probs- i looked into it for cleaning my own LCD ... but never got around to it. Its kind of silly that all those LCD cleaning sprays are just 50/50 water/isopropyl alcohol- you'd think for the price they'd have SOMETHING other than household ingredients...

Groove said:

:signed:

Except i always just use paper towels. I've never had a problem with scratching them. Then again i dont rub really hard like an idiot

I opened this thread thinking "the word sandpaper had better be in the first reply." Sure enough, it was.

thanks for the thread, i was gonna post the same today.

had a visit from some friends, their daughter touched my screen. Then got told off, and se didn't do it again. So good kid really, but the last week i have been able to see like 2-3 finger prints from that one touch. Now i can fix :)

Back