Ceiling_Fan

Bomberman

Veteran X
I'm at a weekend cabin for a friend's wedding and Ceiling_Fan is here. Someone brought up Planetside when we were drinking last night and the two of us both railed against it. He said that he was more into Tribes and the conversation immediately shifted to Tribalwar. Rumors of his suicide are completely false.

Also, hello the maybe three people who might remember me!

you're both fucks

Planetside was awesome, at least in beta

the only thing it suffered from was low playercounts. when it had 52345235234 people playing the beta and the servers were literally packed full of people, it was a blast

you're both fucks

Planetside was awesome, at least in beta

the only thing it suffered from was low playercounts. when it had 52345235234 people playing the beta and the servers were literally packed full of people, it was a blast

That was sort of my argument. The beta was way more engaging than the actual release. After the game shipped, they completely changed the capture mechanic and the XP distribution was nerfed to hell.

That was sort of my argument. The beta was way more engaging than the actual release. After the game shipped, they completely changed the capture mechanic and the XP distribution was nerfed to hell.

I only played for the first month or two after beta, but I remember it having like 1/4 as many players, which meant it kind of sucked.. mechanics aside

Beta was incredible. The kind of "home territory" spawn point base was ridiculous, you could sit there and watch a few dozen tanks moving around, a couple hundred infantry, dropships everywhere.. it almost seemed like a semi-realistic staging area instead of a video game

back in beta there was a contested point and I just randomly organized a drop-pod assault in which something like 50 people took part

a huge battle with 200 people and all of the sudden 50 drop pods drop out of the air

it was legendary, and really, really took me in

of course after beta that never happened again but still, the concept of the game was good.. it just needed a lot of players to be successful, which it didn't have

i can't believe anyone believed that story

the story was he offed himself by hanging himself from a ceiling fan

yeah ok

Back