Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (X-Box 360)

Stig

Veteran XX
Did a search and didn't see anything come up specifically for this game.

Picked it up yesterday - great game so far. Starts a little slow, but after the first couple of chapters it gets better and better. Visuals and soundtrack are excellent. Boss battles are a blast too (minus the titans: found those boring to complete)

Pretty long game too. Recommended.

It's fun if you like God of War style game play. The visuals and soundtrack are top notch, but I have only played like an hour or so... I guess the game is about 15-20 hours long.

Great game, beat it this morning (yay for vacations)

The ending *after* the credits is a little... uh... shall we say... inexplicable?

The actual game itself is fucking awesome though

I don't know. The camera and movement seem a little janky. Those are my only real complaints so far.

I'm digging it so far. I'm only on Chapter 2. Hopefully I'll be fighting some actual Vamps sometime soon.

Games picks up a lot after the first couple of chapters - I was regretting buying it until I got done w/ them and got to the later levels

Forgot I preordered. Along with MoH and CoD and the next book of WoT coming out soon... too much content, too little time.

Fuck, I still haven't even played Red Dead Redemption yet.

I will be playing more of this tomorrow... I'm sick so I probably won't be going to work tomorrow :(

I think the bosses were my favorite part of the game (as was true with all castlevanias)

The final battle is actually one of the best fights I've played in a game in a long, long time

Is it a lot of "RAPIDLY PRESS X for 30 HIT COMBO" "KEEP DOING THAT COMBO TO 1500 SKELETONS!!!" "PRESS L1 TO KILL BOSS NOW R2! YOU WIN!"
??

Is it a lot of "RAPIDLY PRESS X for 30 HIT COMBO" "KEEP DOING THAT COMBO TO 1500 SKELETONS!!!" "PRESS L1 TO KILL BOSS NOW R2! YOU WIN!"
??

Actually, there are a ton of different combo maneuvers - haven't found it to be overly about button mashing. Lotta dodging (rolling) and then activating what combos work best against specific enemies.

enough with the fucking Castlevania threads.

disagree, i'd had Portrait of Ruin downloaded for my DS for aaaages and never tried it, but gave it a spin because of one of the recent threads and have been enjoying it a lot so far

however i just tried the demo of this 360 title and it seems pretty shitty to me. i'm never a fan of the kind of game where you can jump in the air and perform 24 attacks before coming back down to the ground...devil may cry did it better, and i didn't enjoy that either! :)

disagree, i'd had Portrait of Ruin downloaded for my DS for aaaages and never tried it, but gave it a spin because of one of the recent threads and have been enjoying it a lot so far

however i just tried the demo of this 360 title and it seems pretty shitty to me. i'm never a fan of the kind of game where you can jump in the air and perform 24 attacks before coming back down to the ground...devil may cry did it better, and i didn't enjoy that either! :)

Didn't like Bayonetta either, then?

Back