Car Trade In question

At0mic

Veteran X
Never done this before, but looking into doing this as I want a new car soon and don't really want to deal with the long drawn out process of selling my truck.

Anyways, so say I'm looking at a $25k car and they'll give me 10-12 for my truck. I owe 6-7 on my truck.

So it brings the price down to ~15k. Do I then just take out a refinance or the new loan to cover the 15+7 bringing my total loan to 22k?

I also have my truck lifted... What type of value is usually given to that? The lift in total costs right around 4k. I know you can typically ask for right around half that when selling private party... it adds what, an extra 1-2k to the trade in value?

Appreciate it.

You'd be better off selling your truck outright then go looking for a car.

and FYI you will be lucky to get 1/4 of the cost back for your mods. Around here your trade in value would be even lower because of your mods. You might even be better off putting it back to stock and parting out the mods.

Last edited:
I know I'll get more for my truck selling it myself. But there is the tax difference that makes up for it a little bit, and then I don't have to deal with all of the other shit involved in selling it. It's worth the little bit less money to not deal with any of it.

As what they said about mods^^ you are better off either returning to stock or selling private with mods as an "added feature"

your loan would be ~22k dependent on how much they give you for a trade in. i would recommend parting the truck because mods lower the value big time.

Bridude said:
You'd be better off selling your truck outright then go looking for a car.

and FYI you will be lucky to get 1/4 of the cost back for your mods. Around here your trade in value would be even lower because of your mods. You might even be better off putting it back to stock and parting out the mods.

You are a broke azz nigga

If you have a CArMax in your area, go there. They will give you the best deal period, a cash offer for your car (will be right at KBB) then you go make your best deal somewhere else. Or take the CarMax appraisal to any dealer, most will match +100

Back