[Car Geeks][amram] Blown Head Gasket

I blew a head gasket on my 2001 Nissan Sentra GTX. I need to find an imported engine from Japan. Any idea where's a good place to look?

company called foreign engines inc. they might only do wholesale but its worth a look.

adding too much oil wont blow your head gasket. it'll put oil into the intake and fuck shit up there.

DONT use the stop leak additive unless your gonna junk it very soon after. they do work some of the time but you never wanna try to fix it right after you do that.

head gaskets dont just blow on their own for no reason, if you wanna fix it you gotta find out what caused it.

and on a final note its a fucking daewoo dont even invest the money into fixing it just get rid of the thing.

Junk the car and get another one. For what cars are worth in the US you have no excuse not to, especially on a budget 4 banger like that.

Taxi, fuck the hell off with your "adjusting rockers and push rod" shit. It's an overhead cam engine FFS. It has a timing belt.

I didn't see he drove a Daewoo :rofl:

But no matter, I was talking in the general sense anyway.... angry much? :huh:

If the exhaust is white, then the breach is leaking coolant into the combustion chamber and it's getting burned. Usually this means the Oil Reservoir is contaminated with coolant. If you drain your oil, it will look like a puke brown milkshake. The Lubrication system is compromised and increased wear is probably hidden from view.

You should probably just consider buying a used vehicle to replace it with. It's a lot of work to fix this problem, which is either a lot of headache for you, or a lot of money from you.

1. Take radiator cap off.
2. Look in to see if there is water/fluid.
3. Have someone turn the engine over as you are looking.
4. Inhale as they spin engine over.

Report back.

how did you determine its a blown head gasket exactly

Simple, coolant an oil are the only liquids that flow trough the block and gasket for that matter. If the gasket (or valve seals) leaks oil, you'll get blue/black smoke. If it's coolant it'll be cloudy white.

Tip for OP. Get the engine on temperature, now get your hand (with a towel or something) around one of the radiator hoses, now rev the the engine up slowly. When the hose gets really hard, and does this in sync with revving, it's prolly blown.

Back