[Capital Grill] the fucking tits

Brool-Story-Co.jpg

The one in Tyson's Corner, VA was a frequent treat for my Wife and I when we lived on the edge of Falls Church, before we had kids. Awesome place, always used to ask for the same waiter (Leary is his name, outstanding service and recommendations) and the place never disappointed.

We went back last year for Valentine's Day as they were doing a special one-off brunch buffet. Truly wonderful food especially for a buffet. Hell, and it wasn't even the steak. Endless King Crab legs and Macarons to die for.

You guys are simply amateurs when it comes to good steak...

I'm 42 years old...and that's your 1st hint.

My 2nd hint is to just do it yourself...
But you will fail unless you figure out the 1st hint.

You guys are simply amateurs when it comes to good steak...

Simply, no.

I have cooked many steaks, in many different ways. I have a fine Weber grill as well as some very old and extremely well seasoned cast iron pans that I can utilize to aid me in this endeavor, depending on the cut of the meat and how I'd like to prepare it.

I am in easy driving distance of multiple places where I can procure dry aged USDA Prime steaks (as well as extremely nice USDA Choice steaks) so the quality of my ingredients matches the quality of my equipment and my experience and skill in preparation.

I know a good steak. I can cook an excellent steak.

But sometimes I just want to go to the motherfucking Capital Grille. Your mistake is assuming that the experience of going to a restaurant is purely about the quality of the food you get there.

i had a pleasant meal at the one in las vegas once. i have a hard time justifying the expense of steak restaurants though, especially considering the food is so easy to reproduce at home for a small fraction of the cost.

Simply, no.

I have cooked many steaks, in many different ways. I have a fine Weber grill as well as some very old and extremely well seasoned cast iron pans that I can utilize to aid me in this endeavor, depending on the cut of the meat and how I'd like to prepare it.

I am in easy driving distance of multiple places where I can procure dry aged USDA Prime steaks (as well as extremely nice USDA Choice steaks) so the quality of my ingredients matches the quality of my equipment and my experience and skill in preparation.

I know a good steak. I can cook an excellent steak.

But sometimes I just want to go to the motherfucking Capital Grille. Your mistake is assuming that the experience of going to a restaurant is purely about the quality of the food you get there.
the 1st rule for eating a good steak is that  you shoud AGE it... 

You mentioned that.

Kudos.

Next would be your complete & total submission to the iron skillet...

Confess! Do it! NOW!

Last edited:
Next would be your complete & total submission to the iron skillet...

Confess! Do it! NOW!

I made a cowboy ribeye one time in my iron skillet. Real thick bastard, simply seasoned with salt, pepper, garlic and some fresh woody herb, I think rosemary. Maybe 4 minutes on a side then into the oven.

It was FUCKING DELICIOUS, so I certainly respect and appreciate the skillet and its uses.

I love Capital Grill, however I put Del Friscos a notch above CG. Based on 5 visits to 3 Capital Grill locations and 3 trips to 2 different Del Friscos.

Back