Cape Town

Rulide

Veteran XX
Im heading to Cape Town on saturday. Anything i should go out of my way to see? Already going skydiving, bungee jumping, great white diving and up table mountain.

Sounds like a pretty epic trip dude , let me know what its like - thinking of taking a trip myself. You surf at all ?

Sounds like a pretty epic trip dude , let me know what its like - thinking of taking a trip myself. You surf at all ?

Nah i dont, i do kitesurf though. I was thinking about getting a surfing lesson down there, sounds like a good place for it.

See the stars shoot over Cape Town
Where the oceans all converge
Ride the desert train at midnight
Even sail the universe

great white diving? :scared:

Jaws.jpg

I want to go to Cape Town some day....I've only been to Jo'Burg and didn't feel safe at any time (although saw some pretty amazing things). Cape Town is supposed to be much better

Yeah i work with a heap of south africans. They say that cape town is much safer than Joburg. Im heading to Joburg to go to Kruger but i pretty much plan to arrive and immediatly go out to kruger.

Camps Bay has really nice beaches and some nice clubs/bars to hit at night. Climbing Lion's Head was a fun trip too. If you are into history I would definitely check out Robben Island and the District 6 Museum. I see that you are already going up Table Mountain which is a must and if on your way to shark diving you are able to go to Cape Point I'd highly recommend that. Cape Town is my favorite city in the world, absolutely beautiful at some parts and tragically poor in others :\ Really interesting place.

Camps Bay has really nice beaches and some nice clubs/bars to hit at night. Climbing Lion's Head was a fun trip too. If you are into history I would definitely check out Robben Island and the District 6 Museum. I see that you are already going up Table Mountain which is a must and if on your way to shark diving you are able to go to Cape Point I'd highly recommend that. Cape Town is my favorite city in the world, absolutely beautiful at some parts and tragically poor in others :\ Really interesting place.

Awesome, thanks for the tips.

I went to cape town about 6 months ago. Sounds like you have most of it covered, but definitely hit up the bars down the main street and check out the harbor area too - awesome mall and shops there. If you have time, cape point is worth seeing too but it's a bit of a drive. Also a few beaches on the east side of town were really sweet after climbing Table Mountain. Camps Bay being one of them. Bring water for the climb. It is a very very safe city, they have police stationed every few blocks who ironically sell weed.

I went to cape town about 6 months ago. Sounds like you have most of it covered, but definitely hit up the bars down the main street and check out the harbor area too - awesome mall and shops there. If you have time, cape point is worth seeing too but it's a bit of a drive. Also a few beaches on the east side of town were really sweet after climbing Table Mountain. Camps Bay being one of them. Bring water for the climb. It is a very very safe city, they have police stationed every few blocks who ironically sell weed.

I really wouldnt hit the mall/shop area if you are looking for a unique experience. It felt too americanized for me and when I visit some place far from home the last thing I want is to feel to familiar at the GAP or w/e :\ but that's just me but I agree with most of what you said and posted it earlier

Ill have to hit up the shopping area to get gear for my Kili climb so that is on the cards. The shark trip i chose has breaching as well as diving, should be awesome as.

Back